“Budget” Student Build

dbjonesjr

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 26, 2018
Messages
439
Reaction score
305
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all! Starting a build thread to keep track of my upcoming change in equipment etc! I am moving from a sumpless, skimmerless setup to one with. Also considering moving to a larger tank such as a 75G. I have a 125G freshwater setup that could eventually see saltwater. As I buy and consider things I will likely post about them or ask questions for any passing viewer to help me answer. Up to this point I probably have less than 400 in the setup including my RO/DI I purchased and all the rock, salt, sand, heater, etc. My biggest motivation for moving to a 75G is it would give me a reason to invest in a new light fixture (T5). The black box I bought for $57 new has done well by me but I do love the look and spread of T5. I see growth in the acans, duncan, zoas, shrooms, and a couple other LPS. I’m sure I’ll think of more to post later but wish me luck!
 
When the lights are on tomorrow night I will make sure to get some good pictures :). Also found a steal on a 75G tank so will be picking that up. Works out great for the other guy and me.
 
E8F6BC84-3A6D-4653-8DDF-968AB49EACA5.jpeg

Some type of Lepastrea I believe!
ECE70286-6042-43F8-B6F0-FEF47DE84996.jpeg

No name Paly/Zoa
DD3C0536-52B5-4898-9340-555A45B20220.jpeg

No name Acan (Micromussa now I guess?)
AF810A70-10B4-4B56-A4A7-9E925D65BFA4.jpeg

Kenya Tree
63DCF223-C29A-4B4E-8606-839D8EBB0A60.jpeg

Duncan (my favorite when he is very happy)
08B30F60-CB89-4CED-A7C3-F8F55CD38D15.jpeg

No name Zoa/Paly
97A6BC7B-BB6C-4150-83BC-2EC28FF28F01.jpeg

Pulsing Xenia
80A95A9D-9EBF-4496-8BD6-C64775DED426.jpeg

No name Acan (Micromussa?), Mushroom
Hi all giving an update on the tank and sharing my first pictures on this thread. I went and picked up the 75 and the glass looks to be immaculate but it is an old tank (1Q05 is what it reads on the sticker) so I am not completely sold on going with it. I did get it for free so I’m definitely not upset about that. Anyways here are some pictures of my 40G with stock info!

4F206F1E-B6F6-4576-8558-F40039907903.jpeg


D6B21C34-8ADB-4E4A-AAC7-95B508CCA3BA.jpeg


25344AF8-30DA-4022-86AA-241FF20248FE.jpeg


C3ED7A14-89FA-4865-B072-59E38EED36EF.jpeg


8BB8944C-9DB5-45F0-947F-EBCFF417556D.jpeg


2AE27CE0-4B57-426F-BA9F-611D650C36D1.jpeg


B594A945-9647-4242-8969-676020DFBC03.jpeg
 
Honestly not sure how that went but I know what all the fish are so if anyone knows what specifically any of the corals I didn’t give SPECIFIC names for I would love to hear them.
 
Hi all! Starting a build thread to keep track of my upcoming change in equipment etc! I am moving from a sumpless, skimmerless setup to one with. Also considering moving to a larger tank such as a 75G. I have a 125G freshwater setup that could eventually see saltwater. As I buy and consider things I will likely post about them or ask questions for any passing viewer to help me answer. Up to this point I probably have less than 400 in the setup including my RO/DI I purchased and all the rock, salt, sand, heater, etc. My biggest motivation for moving to a 75G is it would give me a reason to invest in a new light fixture (T5). The black box I bought for $57 new has done well by me but I do love the look and spread of T5. I see growth in the acans, duncan, zoas, shrooms, and a couple other LPS. I’m sure I’ll think of more to post later but wish me luck!
Show us the pictures!!!!!
 
Show us the pictures!!!!!
Huh? Thought I did up there just now! But sold the 125 FW since I don’t pay much attention to it with this saltwater thing now!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top