This is so interesting to read. Three days ago, I reached out to Top Lids (i.e., Fernando) about a fusion vent frame for my Red Sea Peninsula 500. Fernando was very responsive, sent over the blueprint template, gave me PayPal instructions, we e-mailed back and forth repeatedly while he answered my questions, etc. Yesterday morning I completed the measurements on the template and e-mailed those to him along with my PayPal payment instructions, which he immediately processed.
I have now been trying for the past 36 hours to get in touch with him to confirm that he received everything that he needs to provide me the final schematic and it has been complete radio silence. His phone number doesn't work (says "User Busy" immediately after dialing) and he is completely unresponsive to e-mail. I honestly think the build quality on these lids is exceptional, but this lack of responsiveness and what appears to be a very long production time (he told me 4-6 weeks from payment to delivery, but looks like it might be much longer) is really making me wonder.
My plan is to try and contact him a few more times between now and Monday, but if I still cannot get him, I'll likely cancel the order and start over with someone else. Really a shame that they do not take the time to focus on basic communications with their customers.