120g reef ready aqueon - worth the asking price?

Pola0502ds

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Joined
Jan 13, 2016
Messages
1,574
Reaction score
880
Location
Poland, Ohio
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In an effort to make a fair deal for both parties, is the following a good deal:

120 gallon tank - never seen water
Brand is Aqueon
Dual overflow
Overflow kits included.
PRICE: $425


Glass thickness appears to be just shy of 1/2".

Good deal, great deal, bad deal?

Seller seams like a fair person.


Edit: price added
 
Last edited:
Seems like that could be a pretty decent discount, but...

You should check locally at your LFS's to see how much a new one would actually run. That should give you a fair point of comparison.
 
Really that is probably the going price for that tank new.

120 Gal.48 x 24 x 25 as a reference this tank from glasscages is 442 list but I am not sure that is with overflow etc

So would not call it a great deal or bad deal. Looks like they are just trying to recover cost

That is without stand correct?
 
I called my LFS a few months back on a 4x2x2 120 and it was $609.99 - I later called a LFS in a much bigger city about an hour and a half from here and their same 120 was $609.99 as a reference both tanks were Marineland.

These same tanks are advertised at around the same price that you mentioned in the $400 dollar range that are considered "used" and some have been listed as never been wet before. From what I've seen locally 120's are always much more expensive then 75's, 90's & 125's.
 
No stand. Thanks for the input guys.
 
My lfs that I frequent sells them for $483 new. Right now they are on sale for $385

I was going to get a rimmed 120, if my prices were in that ball park I would revisit the idea. Since I am in the $600 range I'm going in a different direction so its a win win. I had bad luck with a used 90 gallon, bottom seal split while water testing in the garage so I'll only buy new now.

It is worth noting that the $609 price tag was just the tank, they wanted another $280ish for the stand (with no room)!
 
Where did you find that list price?
 
I am a dealer and I looked up on wholesalers web site. That was MSRP. Overflow kits come with Reef Ready tanks
 
Whoops, sorry everyone. I looked at the wrong tank, the one I posted is without overflows. With overflows is $629
 
I'd but a regular one and install your own overflow, all of the ones for sale work better than the reef ready ones. If I had marineland's money I'd make the nicest overflows on the planet to sell with my tanks, but apparently for them, they are an after thought.
 
In an effort to make a fair deal for both parties, is the following a good deal:

120 gallon tank - never seen water
Brand is Aqueon
Dual overflow
Overflow kits included.
PRICE: $425


Glass thickness appears to be just shy of 1/2".

Good deal, great deal, bad deal?

Seller seams like a fair person.


Edit: price added
Where are you located ?
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top