13.5 gal Fluval Evo Nano Reef (First Tank Ever!!)

Cure BRS dry rock in tank during cycling or seperatly

  • Keep it safe keep it seperate!

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    7
  • Poll closed .
If you have it setup, then your cycle has already started. I don't know what Ammonia Chloride is, but just let the tank do it's thing if there is LR in it. If you are trying to speed up the cycle I've had great success with Turbo Start 900. It's actually bacteria. I've cycled in two weeks with that stuff with no issues at all.
 
I have this tank and have done some easy mods. The Fluval light that mine came with worked out fine for the first 4 months or so until I could save up for an AI Prime. So, don't feel like you need to rush and upgrade lighting right away. You still need to cycle and get it stable.

This was last month right before I upgraded lights. Good growth on everything as long as you can keep your water parameters stable.

Nano Reef.jpg

I have the same tank and just upgraded the lights to AI Prime as well.. do you mind providing me your settings for your lights? They should go up tomorrow.
 
I have the same tank and just upgraded the lights to AI Prime as well.. do you mind providing me your settings for your lights? They should go up tomorrow.
Sure thing!
I ramp up for 3 hrs, peak 5 hrs, and ramp down 3 hrs. You can adjust this however you want. Green and Red channels don't come on until peak. Some people don't even run them.

I have the light about 6.5" above the water. I had it about 8", but the light spill into the room was too much so I lowered it.

Peak settings left to right: 40/45/45/45/4/4/25

I started out at 10% higher on UV and all blue channels, but fried a Superman Monti, Pink Stylo and burnt the tips of a Green digitata. I dialed it back to the current setting. Everything is doing much better and adjusting well. It's been running since 12/26 this way. I'm going to bump it up another 5% on UV and all blue channels soon and see how everything reacts.

Side note - the white channel is really there if you like the more blue or white look from everything I've read. Just be careful because they are powerful lights over tanks our size. Good luck!
 
Well I know it's been a few weeks, but there hasn't been much to post about. I just got some new inhabitants a day ago and they have adjusted well. I have them cleaning up the algae that has been growing around and they have been ripping through it. This upcoming week or next I'm going to add some corals, but may need to remove my pep shrimp. I've heard mixed results with them.
20180217_090336.jpg
20180217_090353.jpg
20180217_200010.jpg
20180217_090515.jpg
 
Hermit crab ,emerald crab, peppermint shrimp, trochis snail (descending order)
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top