14 gallon biocube fw to sw conversion

Alright sand is in, fish is out.
47ea9a4b-9ecc-7ce1.jpg

47ea9a4b-9edc-4de2.jpg

47ea9a4b-9ef2-5da6.jpg
 
Ammonia is gone, but as for the next stage in the ammonia cycle, nitrates are about 150 ppm, and nitrites 40 ppm. It'll go down any day now(hopefully), buy I dont need to worry too much, because as to my knowledge, nitrites/trates have little effect on fish, but devastate corals/anemones, so for now the tank is fish only.
 
Yes, but what I meant was that they have less of an effect on fish than on corals, and that fish are sometimes known to survive with high nitrite/nitrate levels. This is also temporary, as the ammonia cycle starts up so that levels stay steady at 0.
 
Adding fish during a cycle will just make the cycle take longer they add more ammonia to the system.

Yes, but what I meant was that they have less of an effect on fish than on corals, and that fish are sometimes known to survive with high nitrite/nitrate levels. This is also temporary, as the ammonia cycle starts up so that levels stay steady at 0.
 
Ok, cycle is improving, pH 8.2, kh: really high(too high to read, but I do know that high levels of a buffer can be good, but it depends) nitrites: 1 ppm, nitrates:15 ppm, ammonia:0ppm
 
I dont keep adding buffer, I add about a teaspoon per ten gallons as directed then add more every three water changes. I never realized it was so high until a few days a go when I got a test kit for it. High levels of buffer can be good because they resist changes in pH, but I did not od on the buffer on purpose.
 
Im not adding anything else until I get some lr, but I added my breeding pair of f percs a couple weeks ago when I deemed the params acceptable (nitrite 1, nitrate,10 amn, 0 etc.) And lol thanks, just wish my dog didnt like him so much. I have to lock my door or he sneaks in and I get a tank covered in dog drool.
 
nice setup there, will be cool to see how it matures. A few pieces of good quality LR will help. Nice hawk, just gave my longnose away, as he was getting too big for my tank.
 
You probably want to have at least 18-25 lbs of live rock in there, but if you add more you would want to do it one piece at a time.
 
That piece was in my 45 for six months before I moved it there, and 18-25 pounds of lr in about 10 gallons of water is a little bit over what a tank with two fish needs, but I mighy get 15 lbs of nanno size dry rock.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top