180 Gallons of LPS Bliss

I want those plates if you get rid of them. :)
 
BlackGPGT, pick up your corals off the floor, and put those away! Go to your room, you're grounded! :bigsmile:

Juuuust kiddin' Nice tank!
 
I am going through some boredom on my tank. Im not sure what direction I want to take it. I like my rock structure so I dont want to change that. I want to kill my tusk.
I would love to ditch the t-5s and go to halides but money is not in the books for that.

What should I do?

Why do you want to kill your H Tusk? It's always been one of my favorite fish.
 
Well very shortly I should be switching my lighting over to halides. Im not really digging the t-5 lighting. Im going to be moving to 3 250watt HQI on Phoenix Bulbs in Reef Optix pendants.
 
I just completed the switch to halides. I went to 3 250w HQI in ReefOptix reflectors with phoenix 14k bulbs.

I switched because I was noticing after having some of the corals in my tank for a few months the colors would dull down from the time I got them. When I moved some of the corals in my main tank to my frag tank which is under halides everything looked alot better.

I feel this is due to alot of coral color pigments are uv induced. Halides give off more uv then t-5s so I believe this will recolor up some of the corals. Also when it came to bulb replacement on the Constellation fixture 14 bulbs was getting ridiculous
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top