187g, My take on a modern reef

done cooking the fish in hypo and added saltwater to ATO to start to bring up salinity.
hanna.jpg
 
It took me a month to get my salinity back to normal after going hypo. Added salt to ATO July first and just now getting to salinity.
The over all result is no visible signs of ich. Lost a mystery wrasse and 2 tangs now have helle. We start feeding some selcon and hope everyone is okay.
 
Now tank is to proper salinity I just added my LEDs.

I went with 4 Raidon G5’s in a 60” geissiman t5 hybrid fixture.

9498BBE4-FCC5-4A64-8488-8645B8F1AE12.jpeg DCB8625B-9D8C-42D2-BDA1-97AB31932947.jpeg
 
Beautiful! How many fish you got in there now?
current fish list:
Achilles Tang
Power Blue Tang
Hippo Tang
Purple Tang
Kole Tang
Midas Blenny
Lyretail Anthais x 3
Purple Pseudocromis
clown fish x 2
 
Last edited:
How are you liking the radion xr15s in your stellar? I've got the stellar but in white and 48" and I love mine! I still haven't completely decided on what LEDs to put.
 
How are you liking the radion xr15s in your stellar? I've got the stellar but in white and 48" and I love mine! I still haven't completely decided on what LEDs to put.
I like how sleek the stellar look, plus hides the radions well. I wen twith this because the long radions mounts bow in the middle. I measure about 100 par from the 4 bulbs but with the radions I get hit what ever target par I want. I decided to hang the unit 10 inches off the water so I can get in the tank and not have to mess with lighting height. The only complaint is light spilling into the room from no hood, might get diffuser and crank up G5s.
 
added a couple zoas and torches. video was taken when T5s on and G5s peaked out so very "daylight video". Everything looked super crisp and clean so wanted to share!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top