1Blazer Build Thread - Red Sea Reefer 425XL

T minus 30 minutes till I increase the bio load!

upload_2018-2-28_14-43-56.png
 
@KJ Why yes sir! I have ordered them in the past and they do an amazing job. Definitely my go to. i believe they are in Jefferson if I remember correctly... I used to live in Brentwood and always wanted to go check out there place. I had a snafu with UPS today calling them to say my address wasnt valid and i didnt live there... very weird situation but Corey called me and gave me a heads up so i could get it sorted out with UPS. Needless to say I have a couple little tykes from a great vendor and will have them in the tank shortly!
 
@KJ Why yes sir! I have ordered them in the past and they do an amazing job. Definitely my go to. i believe they are in Jefferson if I remember correctly... I used to live in Brentwood and always wanted to go check out there place. I had a snafu with UPS today calling them to say my address wasnt valid and i didnt live there... very weird situation but Corey called me and gave me a heads up so i could get it sorted out with UPS. Needless to say I have a couple little tykes from a great vendor and will have them in the tank shortly!
My local LFS 30 min away:)
 
Me too! I was looking every where to find a build with the Hydras on it but it doesnt seem many go for the deluxe version of the red sea. I am hoping I have enough PAR to really make this thing pop!

You have enough. I do not have a Redsea but I do have the Hydra 26 HD's on my 72 build. More reading but my build link is in my signature.
 
Welcome back to the addiction. I must say, you are off to a great re-entry...the tank looks terrific and yes, that is one good looking clown. Looking forward to watching this one develop.
 
Last edited:
Great scape and clown! Looks like you are off to a fantastic start.
 
You have enough. I do not have a Redsea but I do have the Hydra 26 HD's on my 72 build. More reading but my build link is in my signature.
@jsker Did you put two on there or three? Im already considering a third but im not sure its necessary...
 
Last edited:
Welcome back to the addiction. I must say, you are off to a great re-entry...the tank looks terrific and yes, that is one good looking clown. Looking forward to watching this one develop.
@dbl Thank you so much! I just started following your build and I have to say you have a beautiful tank! I noticed you just moved to T5... Did you switch from LED?
 
Last edited:
Great scape and clown! Looks like you are off to a fantastic start.
Thanks @melypr1985 I have checked out your build a couple times now and that is a big tank! pretty envious off your tank room. I am trying to figure out how I can make the basement work for me... Planning on setting up a QT tank. are you a cowboys fan by chance? I fell in love with Texas and Americas team when I lived in Dallas for a few years.
 
@jsker Did you put two on there or three? Im already considering a third but im not sure its necessary...
Two that is all I need. The 26 's have a good size spread. I actually had to turn them down for the reason I was burn up my corals on top.
 
Not to distract from your thread, but yes I did switch from LED's.
No distraction at all! I was searching on this specific topic as to why not many use the deluxe version of the red sea line... at least i couldnt find any on the 425xl. May I ask what LEDs you had and why you decided to go t5? I know t5 is a tried and true lighting source but I didnt want to hang it (only way I would do it)
 
Two that is all I need. The 26 's have a good size spread. I actually had to turn them down for the reason I was burn up my corals on top.
@jsker They seem to put out some good power... I am currently running the saxby setting. Im going to stick with two for now and see if I need a third
 
@jsker They seem to put out some good power... I am currently running the saxby setting. Im going to stick with two for now and see if I need a third
I run my own;) let me know if you would like a link for download.
 
Wow that’s a sharp tank and I echo the sentiments that your aquascaping is phenomenal!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top