2 tanks 1 sump, anybody have any experience?

I run 2 small tanks (8g and a 25g) off a single sump. I also have a 15g cheato fuge plumbed in as well for a total water volume of about 60g. I live in an apartment so I needed to keep the tanks small but I wanted the benefit of a greater water volume.

1e59a9c074dc9867bc2de71ee8e59036.jpg
 
Simplest solution to me would be go with a bigger sump, and lower baffles so there's plenty of unused volume. I actually have two sumps tied together servicing three (soon to be 4) tanks. Even though the sumps can handle the water from back syphon, I still utilize George Fischer wye check valves on my returns. I also have anti-syphon holes drilled on the back of my returns. I hate water on floors, and somehow manage to get them wet for other dumb reasons, like turning the wrong valve when doing a water change and walking away for a minute lol
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top