2 Vortech MP60 for a 1.5mx.600x.550 too much???

FernandesReef

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 12, 2017
Messages
48
Reaction score
108
What state or country do you live in
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, I'm starting my new build and want to get to 2 MP60's right from the start to prevent me from adding more flow pumps later on and tank looking crowded.
I know I can always dial them up or down if needed.
And yes it will manly be a SPS stocked tank.
So i would like to know if anyone has them in that size tank or would it just be way too much flow, even after the SPS colonies grow out?
Thanks
 
I guess it really comes down to your rockwork. I have a relatively open scape in my 75 gallon, and it was hard to find a placement for my MP40s that I wasn't blowing sand everywhere or water out of the tank (running at 50%). I see you have twice the volume, but IMO 60s would be overkill.
 
Total display volume would be 450L(120g). And I plan to use a bit of a corse aggregate.
My scaping will be minimal and not higher than 30cm
 
Total display volume would be 450L(120g). And I plan to use a bit of a corse aggregate.
My scaping will be minimal and not higher than 30cm
Ah, lol I must've done my math wrong. But yeah, totally my opinion, you'd be fine with two 40s. Especially with a minimalist scape. You could get some seriously nice frags with the money you'd save too ;)
 
I have 2 mp60s in my 300 gallon 6ft tank and they are very powerful as I have them turned all the way down
 
Thanks Ricky, then for my 5ft I think I'll just go with 2 MP40's
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top