2020 Annual Pittsburgh 3RMAS Fragswap Thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter acer
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None
Hopefully, this crazyness will be all over in time to keep the fragswap on the calendar as is.
 
E2144C65-E840-4A38-A167-D4738DAD78DA.jpeg
Got some nice Goodies from New life Spectrum to hand out to our first attendees!!
 
Hopefully, this crazyness will be all over in time to keep the fragswap on the calendar as is.
I am hopeful as well but doubtful. It seems we are weeks away from it's peak judging from other countries in Europe and our testing is behind. I know of a person who was very sick 2 weeks ago, even had to go to the ER, only in her 30's, and was refused a test by multiple doctors. Now her hustand is sick a week later, they finally tested him and will take 5-7 days for the results..... Hoping for the best for sure, it is not going to be pretty.
 
Yes, it doesn't look good right now. We really don't know what things will be like in a week a month or by the time of the swap. At this point we are playing it as it comes. If we need to move thedate or other actions we will, but right now the date is still too far out to know one way or the other.
 
Hello Everyone!!

I am a local hobbyist turned frag swap vendor for shows in or around Ohio. (Most know me as "Schnabs" on Reef Trader. I live just outside of Canton Ohio so the trip to Pittsburgh is pretty close to home for me. I have seen some familiar usernames on this thread and have read the comments as well. I hope I'm not stepping on any toes here, but I just listed a ton of coral on Reef Trader for everyone to reserve. Aside from Reef Trader I will be setting up a 3 foot tank packed full of some amazing aquacultured corals. I only do this as a hobby, so every coral I bring has been bought as a frag and grown out in my system for years and years... No chop shop or taken right from the ocean.

I hope to see you all soon, hopefully the event doesn't get postponed do to the craziness going on.
 
I saw Jamie today wish I would have thought about the swap if it is still on or not. At this moment I would be very surprised if the swap would still be on there would be no why to ensure social distancing. I don't think you are even allowed to have public gatherings of more then 10 people.
 
The 3rmas board is discussing - with options to cancel the fragswap until next year or postpone for the fall. Trying to find a fall date that our venue is open, and that does not conflict with other area swaps or large reef attractions such as a Reef-a-polosa or MACNA is proving difficult. A mini fragswap in a much smaller venue- with no reef trader, etc. for local guys exactly like you Luke has been mentioned. Please be patient with us, as we are all volunteer's and the club is non-profit, we all are dealing with "real-life" situations during the pandemic.
 
Honestly postpone would be great because not a lot of shows happen in the fall either. Whatever works best for the hosting members.
 
It is with a heavy heart that we are forced to cancel this year's frag swap. The governor just said that the stay at home order is through May 8th which is the day we were supposed to be setting up for the swap. We one this was coming but were holding onto hope, but with the government's new orders we have no choice.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top