210 build need some experts advice on what to do

  • Thread starter Thread starter 502
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

502

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 27, 2016
Messages
108
Reaction score
38
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I plan on buying a 210 gal on the 11th it is currently a fwt can I cycle it with saltwater or should I cycle vinegar for a few weeks before I cycle saltwater
 
Ok so I plan on buying a 210 gal on the 11th it is currently a fwt can I cycle it with saltwater or should I cycle vinegar for a few weeks before I cycle saltwater
I spray strait vinegar to knock down the high spots. then water vinegar soak.
ill use a tiny bit of bleach and rinse and drain if im outside.
i do that in a day or two really and as part of the leak test.
the sun removes the bleach.
so you dont need to let it soak that long.

then start cycling
 
Last edited:
Moved! you should get more views/help here. I would say that you don't need to run vinegar through the tank for longer than an hour.... and that's a bit much. Simply run it through the system for a bit, then rinse and let dry completely. You can even give it a good scrub while the vinegar is running through it. That oughta cover it.
 
Ok doesn't leak at the moment but will check and make sure after the move getting it for a great price he just don't have the time to maintain it 40 gal sump plus 210 gal dt pumps led lights stand and all $350
 
Sure I'll have to get better lights for it though
 
Ok doesn't leak at the moment but will check and make sure after the move getting it for a great price he just don't have the time to maintain it 40 gal sump plus 210 gal dt pumps led lights stand and all $350

Nice deal!
 
Yep not gonna let it pass for sure
 
That is one heck of a deal. At the moment I don't think I want anything bigger than what I have (125), but for that price I would most likely jump on it :D
 
He has a skimmer rated for 400 gallon also that comes with it
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top