Hi Everyone,
I am from Montreal South shore, Quebec, Canada, This project is gonna be my fourth Fish Tank project and for the first time my jump from fresh to salt. I will provide evolution over time.
Numbers (estimate) :
water volume : 350 gallons
weight : 2 tons.
waterflow : 3 000 GPH
Building time : no time limit my favorite part is the building part so I will take all the time I can
Corals & fish : Few large corals but not overcrowded, Many small fishes schooling & 1 big boss
Lot of live-rocks but in sump.
Equipements :
Show tank : 265 Gallons Marineland 2 Corner flow / 84"X24"X30" / 2 520 Lbs. Filled weight
the back and the bottom is painted with Black MetalForce Paint
House preparation : I ran 2X 1’’ PVC pipes to the garage for the quarantine And my saltwater preparation tank, 1 X ¼’’ line for the RO, 1X 1 1/2’’ ABS sewer, 1X floor drain, 1 X ½’’ Tap water.
The Stand and canopy go from floor to ceiling: 12 ply / Plywood Framing , Walnut Doors and mouldings, Stainless steel screws, urethane varnish.
Plumbing : 2 corner flow, with 4 holes, I will run Double Herbie & wet straight to the sump controlled by 2 X 1 ½’’ gate valves. (This is not that much a real RR tank because holes are too small, my smallest part of the system is the nipples is a 1 ¼’’ used to fit those holes. All the plumbing is 1 1\2’’ white PVC sc40. My goal is to reach around 3 000 gph. My main restriction is the corners overflow that cant really take more than 1 500gph. I will cut the teeth tolet more flow get in.
Sump : 125 Gallons Marineland Regular Tanl / 72"X18"X22" / 1 160 Lbs. Filled weight, the back and the bottom is painted with Black MetalForce Paint , Water get by the middle then go left and drop step by step to the return pump at the right with the liveRocks. Glass Custom baffles.
Shopping cart list just a starting point still need to figure out if those are the best for my need I want Silent/Silent/Silent and durability :
4X Filter Sock 200 Micron Poly with Plastic Oring 4x14
Aquamax / JNS ConeS Q-6 in sump skimmer 12’’ cylinder
http://www.jnsaquaria.com/2007html/products/list.php?CatId=25&lang=eng
Sicce Syncra Highflow 16.0 in sump. with a controller
http://www.sicce.com/prodottiDettaglio_eng.php/prodotto=syncra-highflow-10.0-12.0-16.0/idprodotto=78
MAxspect led Fixture
http://www.maxspect.ca/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1&Itemid=2
FlowControl wavemaker
http://oceansmotions.com/products.html
2X Maxspect Gyre XF150
http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/pumps-plumbing/aquarium-powerhead-pumps/maxspect-gyre.html
Apex Controller
https://www.neptunesystems.com/products/apex-controllers/
Reverse Osmosis WRG-150
http://www.watergroup.com/pdf-folder/brochures/commercial-reverse-osmosis-57067.pdf
to be continued…
Thank you for appreciation but what I want most is sharing your knowledge and experience so feel free to constructive criticism.
I am from Montreal South shore, Quebec, Canada, This project is gonna be my fourth Fish Tank project and for the first time my jump from fresh to salt. I will provide evolution over time.
Numbers (estimate) :
water volume : 350 gallons
weight : 2 tons.
waterflow : 3 000 GPH
Building time : no time limit my favorite part is the building part so I will take all the time I can
Corals & fish : Few large corals but not overcrowded, Many small fishes schooling & 1 big boss
Lot of live-rocks but in sump.
Equipements :
Show tank : 265 Gallons Marineland 2 Corner flow / 84"X24"X30" / 2 520 Lbs. Filled weight
the back and the bottom is painted with Black MetalForce Paint
House preparation : I ran 2X 1’’ PVC pipes to the garage for the quarantine And my saltwater preparation tank, 1 X ¼’’ line for the RO, 1X 1 1/2’’ ABS sewer, 1X floor drain, 1 X ½’’ Tap water.
The Stand and canopy go from floor to ceiling: 12 ply / Plywood Framing , Walnut Doors and mouldings, Stainless steel screws, urethane varnish.
Plumbing : 2 corner flow, with 4 holes, I will run Double Herbie & wet straight to the sump controlled by 2 X 1 ½’’ gate valves. (This is not that much a real RR tank because holes are too small, my smallest part of the system is the nipples is a 1 ¼’’ used to fit those holes. All the plumbing is 1 1\2’’ white PVC sc40. My goal is to reach around 3 000 gph. My main restriction is the corners overflow that cant really take more than 1 500gph. I will cut the teeth tolet more flow get in.
Sump : 125 Gallons Marineland Regular Tanl / 72"X18"X22" / 1 160 Lbs. Filled weight, the back and the bottom is painted with Black MetalForce Paint , Water get by the middle then go left and drop step by step to the return pump at the right with the liveRocks. Glass Custom baffles.
Shopping cart list just a starting point still need to figure out if those are the best for my need I want Silent/Silent/Silent and durability :
4X Filter Sock 200 Micron Poly with Plastic Oring 4x14
Aquamax / JNS ConeS Q-6 in sump skimmer 12’’ cylinder
http://www.jnsaquaria.com/2007html/products/list.php?CatId=25&lang=eng
Sicce Syncra Highflow 16.0 in sump. with a controller
http://www.sicce.com/prodottiDettaglio_eng.php/prodotto=syncra-highflow-10.0-12.0-16.0/idprodotto=78
MAxspect led Fixture
http://www.maxspect.ca/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1&Itemid=2
FlowControl wavemaker
http://oceansmotions.com/products.html
2X Maxspect Gyre XF150
http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/pumps-plumbing/aquarium-powerhead-pumps/maxspect-gyre.html
Apex Controller
https://www.neptunesystems.com/products/apex-controllers/
Reverse Osmosis WRG-150
http://www.watergroup.com/pdf-folder/brochures/commercial-reverse-osmosis-57067.pdf
to be continued…
Thank you for appreciation but what I want most is sharing your knowledge and experience so feel free to constructive criticism.



This thing is going to be awesome! Any thoughts on your stock list yet?
800 GPD production It is actually 2 membrane working together that go to a 2X20 DI cartridge and to the tank Oh yes by the same time I hook up a 4X10 Carbon bloc for my drinking water.

