29g (300g+ total volume) Saddle Valentini Puffer & Flame Hawkfish Compatability?

JustinFromAL

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 29, 2013
Messages
194
Reaction score
58
Location
Birmingham, AL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all!

I have a 29g "Xenia Garden" that's plumbed into my 300g+ system. Currently it doesn't have any fish, and as my main DT is a mixed reef, I wanted to add a couple fish that I normally couldn't keep.

Would someone care to comment on compatibility between a Saddle Valenti Puffer and a Flame Hawkfish in this tank? They would have plenty of rock work and be the sole inhabitants. Water quality shouldn't be an issue as this is part of my much larger, and generally under-stocked 300g+ system (80g DT, 150g sump, 100g live rock lagoon, 40g frag tank).

I've kind of settled on the SVP, so if the hawkfish is a bad choice feel free to recommend something else! Thanks for the feedback!
 
While I personally haven't kept a flame hawk with a valentini, I've questioned it here on R2R before and some people, who's opinions I trust, did not mention any issues and said my proposed fish list looked good.

So take this with a grain of salt, but from what I've heard others say, it should be fine :)
 
While I personally haven't kept a flame hawk with a valentini, I've questioned it here on R2R before and some people, who's opinions I trust, did not mention any issues and said my proposed fish list looked good.

So take this with a grain of salt, but from what I've heard others say, it should be fine :)

Perferct, thanks!

Those two will be fine together. And although only 2 fish, they both are high personality fish.

Exactly my thoughts, only two fish but tons of personality!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top