3 Clams in a Row die within 24 hours

There is no more Foster and Smith. Everything is owned by PETCO.
 
Already been said - don't buy clams from LA/DD. PacEast is the goto source. Most threads with success lead there. That would be my recommendation. It is also the source I'll be ordering from.
 
Regarding corals/fish/other inverts are there any places to avoid as well? I have been very happy with all my fish purchases from them over the years.
 
WOW, I purchased two maxima clams from Live Aquaria or at least that's what I ordered but not what I recieved anyway they both died within a week and a couple days later my actual maxima that I'd had for awhile also died Now it's making sense and I thought I had done something wrong
 
cant speak for clams, but I have had a great experience with Divers Den Aqua Cultured frags and SPS colonies. I would not get any fish, heard too many horror stories... now I know to avoid clams..
 
I purchased 2 clams from Pacific East Aquaculture last week. They both arrived and are doing great. Did not die in a day like the rest I have got from Divers Den. Not sure what is going on there. Until they fix it I would avoid it. Never had a single issue with corals or fish from them though.
 
I purchased 2 clams from Pacific East Aquaculture last week. They both arrived and are doing great. Did not die in a day like the rest I have got from Divers Den. Not sure what is going on there. Until they fix it I would avoid it. Never had a single issue with corals or fish from them though.
I had 2 clams from PEA and the both died within a week of each other, in a tank full of high end sps. Not sure of the cause ...?
 
A couple of my experiences...gash in the side of the sailfin tang, bags not sealed properly - all fish DOA, clam looks like it had been dead in the bag for a couple of days...bsa
LA Sailfin.jpg
LA Box2.jpg
LA DOA Cocos Maxima Clam2 Mar 30 2018.jpg
I had the same issue, box arrived in different box and in the box was the original box in a plastic bag with water leaking out of it.
 
I had 2 clams from PEA and the both died within a week of each other, in a tank full of high end sps. Not sure of the cause ...?

Well that's extremely disheartening. Btw, I had 3 healthy clams and then got a giant from Aquatic Wharehouse (DOH!) and that's what spread some mystery disease and killed all my clams. :(
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top