Do you have an update on your build?
Sadly yes. Have been discussing more in the other thread, but basically I blame the initial use of weldon16 to making too many bubbles in the seams that there were pinprick leaks that didn't show up in early leak tests. after several attempts to get weldon4 to percolate through, and it failing in some spot every time and the seams getting messier and messier. So, I risked it and popped it apart at the seams. It took a fair bit of force, as it was definitely welded in most spots, but came apart cleanly.
Currently it's disassembled and finishing up the polishing where I had to sand down. The constituent pieces are pretty clean, just a few left to do. Now to see if I can find time and finally remember how to weld acrylic properly
Sump is an even sadder/scarier story (note my sump is not the black sump kit they made, just an undrilled version of the frag tank). Seemed like it all went together, really clean seams, took a patch or two to get a leak on the bottom but altogether it went beautifully. Held water well for several hours, so I got it salty, left it overnight, and still no leaks. Feeling very vindicated at this point. Even transferred in some. Got the sump lights finished, cheap DC pump custom programmed for wave mode, feeling good.
Then, 4 days later (last Saturday), i had just sat down at my kitchen table with my coffee and heard a small "pop". And water starts pouring out from the sump. Turns out two of the side edges just opened up at the seam. An autopsy revealed that the failed edge was slightly not square, the angle was maybe 88 or 89 degrees. And because Tenecor cuts their acrylic so beautifully, the solvent basically never made it through to the crack, so it just welded the very inside corner but didn't travel through to the joint. So when it was together, that ~1/32nd of an inch was enough to be watertight and feel strong, and looking end-on it looked clean, but it was actually just empty. Oops... So, I popped the whole thing apart, thankfully no cracks, and that's on the list to re-weld when I get the time.