3 Gallon Bowl to 6 Gallon Cube

Quick check this morning before the lights come on, everyone is fully outstretched so I gave them a little oyster eggs. I will run a full battery of test when I get home this evening.
 
20231026_212229.jpg
20231026_212233.jpg
20231026_212238.jpg
20231026_212250.jpg
20231026_212258.jpg
20231026_212302.jpg
20231026_212330.jpg
 
Well we have finally hit some good alk uptake. It gotten to the point to where I am fixing to have to watch it and start calculating dosing.
20231026_213345.jpg
Best of luck to dosing!
 
Best of luck to dosing!
Just on initial numbers of not watching it for a week, it dropped 1dkh in about 7 days. With the dosage it shouldnt be that bad as it only takes about 1ml of alk solution a week to keep it within a +/- .5 dkh.

The dosing is easy, figuring out how and when it fits for a routine is the hard part.

I dont want to buy a doser for such a low volume, most cant even do that.
 
this is great! petco caught me with that sale about 3 months ago, now im staring at a 14 gallon frag cube everyday...

looking fwd to seeing your cube and waterbox come along
 
Well, after a week I am finally gaining ground.

I have water changed it to the max, 0 nitrates and 0 phosphates every test for the last week, I have had to start feeding a small dosage cup full of AB+, Oyster Eggs and Reef Roids. I am doing this now it seems every other night or round abouts. The corals still seem fine, however I did move some guys around a little and they are getting used to their new locations.

After looking at this for almost two weeks it seems to have settled in a one (1) ml dose so far of Red Sea Alk dosing. Took me a while to get the math all figured out and get a steady reading but so far at 5:30 pm in the evening its at 7dkh, 1ml of the Alk brings this tank up .3dkh and so we are in a cycle of a shot a day and it seems to be balancing out. I know this thing is going to start to pull more so I fully expect to see this increase but for now I am good with it.

The elkhorn and the golden rod seem to be the most active growers with the mindtrick and the seasons greetings monties in close second.

I will try to get some updated pics.

Ohh yeah, the emerald..... not touching the bubble algae yet.....
 
Sometimes ya just have to hand log. I didn't realize the Alk had gone down as far as it had when I started. I was shocked when I finally tested it.
 

Attachments

  • 20231107_172350.jpg
    20231107_172350.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 38
Not going to even lie, the Aptasia and the Bubble Algae have about pushed me overboard.

The crab didnt do jack for the bubble algae like I was hoping.

Aptaisia are just annoying
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top