30% OFF the A Reef Creation website is now live!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

When moving we temporarily put our frags in two temporary tubs, with ALL our favorites in one tub... of course that’s the one where the heater malfunctioned and we lost all our colonies

I will have to keep this in mind if I ever find myself in the same boat.
 
What par and parameters does the RRC Splice like the best or what did you guys have this one at? Thanks for a killer deal on it.

I'll take a reading for you right now. Stand by. :)
 
Almost two months ago while installing my new T5 combo light fixture I accidentally pulled out one of my thermostats. The thermostat, thinking the tank was at 70 degrees(room temp at time) kept trying to heat the tank to 80. By the time I noticed the temp hit 92 degrees.

Took me a day and 1/2 to slowly bring it down to temp. Luckily nothing was lost. A Blasto with 1 head started melting away. It has revovered and since then grew 6 other heads. It was such a stupid mistake and luckily we came out OK thanks to advice from the R2R community.
 
Forgot to put the lid back on and the cat jumped in!
 
Thought my ATO would make it through the night. I did not. Got called in to work for a callback (Fire Dept) Came back and the back chamber of my tank was empty with an exposed heater which burnt my return pump cord. I didn't catch it and then it leaked copper in to my tank. Did immediate water change and then didn't check my salinity. It was very low. Then ran my ATO to use it fill up my tank while I got my child from outside. Came back to water dumping over the display.


It has been a nice 1 month of recovery.
 
Two years ago, decided to get a very last fish that I wanted for a long time. I bought it from a famous vendor. In fact I bought the same one 4 times, it always came doa. One day they had it on sale, so I grabbed and surprise that flame wrasse came alive! Less than two weeks after that my Achilles tang was acting out.. Long story short the flame came with velvet. Lost 90% of my fish with the achilles and long nose black tang. I wish I have up on the flame wrasse from that vendor!
 
I finally got something. Got Scarface but thought those are yellow? Was just clicking thought they were nightmares?
 
1 v 1 on Rust snipers only for an angry birds
 
I saw the prettiest purple tang for a great price, bought it on sight. Took him home, acclimated, and everything was perfect. I went to sleep. Next morning I wake up, chaos. The purple tang has ick and velvet, and it beat my clownfish and blenny to death. The entire tank of coral is dead/dying and all the inverts are dead- tang was in copper water and I didn’t know. Harassed my ruby red dragonet so badly it jumped out of the tank and was crusty on the floor. Then the tang itself succumbed to the ick/velvet. Complete loss. :(
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top