30% OFF the A Reef Creation website is now live!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Can someone school me on torches? I was in the hobby about 10 years ago and SPS sticks were the go-to. I still love acros and can't seem to get into the torches; but they seem to be pretty sought-after these days. Are they hard to keep? Slow growing? What causes the high $$$ price? Not knocking them, just curious.
They’re really pretty, come in a ton of colors, and provide movement and depth to the tank. They’re not very hard to keep generally (definitely not as hard as acros) but IMO, they are the most difficult of the euphyllia, especially the Aussie torches because they have a habit of dying out of nowhere. They’re expensive because they’re in high demand, indo, and have now been named so they
 
But they are so pretty!

20201009_163603.jpg
 
I have a tank like this 150 gal, water volume is 135gal, how much alk and calcium do you dose per day? I have a triton and it's like up to 700 ml each. I thought it high so I'm asking.
That is way high. Mine is a 145 from Indonesia and I have a 4 chamber sump of 60 gallons but only run 40 gallons. I also run triton for last 3 years and use 60 ml of all 4 parts a day but I also started this year of running KZ amino, LPS, flat worm stop with great results. I am running 3 AI 52 HD, 4 T5 and 2 reefbrite XO Actinic one on front and one on back. Added reefbright 3 months ago and highly recommend. It changed the look of tank and great growth.
 
The high end aquaculture ones will always be step because of their uniqueness and rarity
 
Alright ARC.....I'm situated and ready.....you got my attention for the next 5+ hours......time for some fun!!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top