300 Gallon Reef-O-Matic: 5+ years!

Removed the lid for a nice cleaning- mixed up the sand bed and cleaned the algae off the back. The lid weighs very little; like 70lbs. Easy with 2 people.

The fixtures are raised, so the canopy can be removed.

@AquaticLifeProducts loving my fixtures :)

VE3PiS5.jpg
 
Update: The tank is looking incredibly beautiful. Ive collected a ton of sticks, that all are coloring up amazingly under the radions. The tank looks nothing like the above photo; its full of color now.


I put in a bunch of montipora fraglets-- nothing bigger than 1/4", onto a bunch of plugs. 22 days later, they are growing over the plug.

Jt2SKYc.jpg




Updating because today I ordered a beautiful Achilles tang from Divers Den. Hopefully it does well. I am not sure why it is "expert only"; guess I'll see.

nannyQW.jpg
 
Nice encrusting and color !!
 
Hello sir! I am running radions at 50% on the AB+ program. I see 350 par at the middle of the tank, where the acros are, and then around 200 on the sand bed. In the future I may change this, increasing the power and/or add more actinics.

I was seeing some spotlighting, differences in par horizontally, so installed the radion diffusers. That evened it out quite a bit.

nZaaNVJ.jpg


jdrc9Vy.jpg

I get similar par readings at the top and bottom of the tank (we have similar set-ups). Even higher if I turn on the T5s, so I leave them off for now.

Sticks are happy, but montis and zoas get nuked under them. Same with acans. Not sure why...especially with the montipora caps.
 
Some more updates, since last FTS was in January lol..

Got in a 15g ATO reservoir from @MarineDepot

Its going to the left of the tank. It blocks the view of an outlet, so thats a plus in my book.

I6I9o9K.jpg




Here is a darker photo of the tank, focused on the contents rather than the stand. My camera game is weak, this is the best I can do with my phone.


PMYpa7v.jpg



Oh and here are some tangs eating. The Sohal is new.

 
How can this tank be filling up already... jeeze!!

Pardon the weird wall coloration- not sure what happened. Otherwise the tank itself is VERY accurate color wise :)

KRitPuy.jpg


Rainbow in Spain is being a weirdo

QTmCn9A.jpg


7zbNpJu.jpg

5pjE2si.jpg

l2UakMW.jpg
 
Just read your thread... looking really solid!

Must be nice to have someone else pay for resin! Lol
 
Things are going awesome here! The apex trident is an absolute dream, with readings that match Hanna checkers- every 6 hours.

I introduced a yellow scopa tang, since I wanted yellow but not the aggression of the more common yellow tang.

It’s still shy, so I took the photo from a distance:
8eI6O9Q.jpg


The acropora in my reefer 350 are all fighting and begging for more space xD

SAwE9vK.jpg
 
Such a great looking setup! Thanks for updating us! :)
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top