32 gallon Bio Cube salt creep or possible leak

PacoPetty

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 22, 2018
Messages
631
Reaction score
722
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 32 gallon bio cube that is five months old. In the bottom rear right corner I have been having a lot of salt creep in the past couple of weeks. I was just wondering if this is normal or if it is possibly a leak. I have a salt creep around the lid all the time so I am used to that. The salt creep is more extensive than the picture shows.

CBE826AD-7051-4AE0-B37A-721B67F67F21.jpeg
 
Could be from opening the lid and the condensation with salt running down side. Hard to tell. Is there any moisture along bottom or just salt?
 
Could be from opening the lid and the condensation with salt running down side. Hard to tell. Is there any moisture along bottom or just salt?
I cannot see any moisture. It makes sense that it could be from opening the lid. Thank you!
 
I don't have a lid , but your post made me go take a quick look at my biocube. I keep a towel along edge to catch any saltwater just in case and I do have salt on side.

20200713_170133.jpg
 
Love Biocubes/Nanocubes for their form factor, price, and ease of transport. Only thing I hated was being forced to clean the glass at that curved spot where the side panels meet the front panel as none of my magnetic cleaners would really get a good bite against coraline algae there. Suffice to say, if that's the biggest problem with the tank... ;)
 
Scrolling through the forums I always read of the complexity of Biocubes/nanos :rolleyes: "If something goes wrong it happens fast in a biocube.”
Yes, that is true but I always say these tanks will have you ready for the major league tanks in the future.
 
Love Biocubes/Nanocubes for their form factor, price, and ease of transport. Only thing I hated was being forced to clean the glass at that curved spot where the side panels meet the front panel as none of my magnetic cleaners would really get a good bite against coraline algae there. Suffice to say, if that's the biggest problem with the tank... ;)
Magic eraser makes those curved corners easy
 
Magic eraser makes those curved corners easy
That's exactly what I used :)Works like a dream. Maybe I should clarify- what I really should say is curved glass can be a strain on the relationship if you are housing a bloodthirsty piranha proud female clown. I eventually submitted to her whims and moved the clowns and the nem into a cube where the magic of right angles allowed us to have a fruitful and healthy relationship.
 
I have a 32 gallon bio cube that is five months old. In the bottom rear right corner I have been having a lot of salt creep in the past couple of weeks. I was just wondering if this is normal or if it is possibly a leak. I have a salt creep around the lid all the time so I am used to that. The salt creep is more extensive than the picture shows.

CBE826AD-7051-4AE0-B37A-721B67F67F21.jpeg
When you look at the lid when you open it, it has two power cord holes on the back. When you open the lid, the condensation rolls down to those holes and down the back of your Cube. The salt works its way around to the side. Mine does the same thing. I have to open mine every day to feed my dwarf lionfish and that’s usually after dealing with cleaning all the salt off first.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top