330 gallon 10+ year dream tank!

What do you need done on the house?
I just need to frame around the mechanical , and dry wall the basement and paint. I can do the flooring after the tanks in. It’s not actually a lot, just feels like a lot at this moment. I was hoping for my usual winter lay off from work, but they kept me this winter.
 
You should see my basement. The thought process the guys had when putting in the mechanical... it makes the basement nearly useless. Furnace is right in the middle, the hot water tank is 6 ft away from it , then the electrical panel is atleast 5 ft away from that. Plus all the ducting is just hanging down. Just a weird lay out.

Well Furnaces are actually best placed in the dead center of your home for best efficiency. I wish mine was in the middle of my house. My hot water tank is right next to it which is a terrible spot for it and my electrical panel is 25 ft away in the back of the house, totally useless spot for electrical but cheapest installation for builders...
 
Well Furnaces are actually best placed in the dead center of your home for best efficiency. I wish mine was in the middle of my house. My hot water tank is right next to it which is a terrible spot for it and my electrical panel is 25 ft away in the back of the house, totally useless spot for electrical but cheapest installation for builders...
It wouldn’t have been so bad if it was all some what grouped in the same general location. I’ll make due with what I got, still plenty of room for a tank and such down there. Just more drywall and weird angles
 
It wouldn’t have been so bad if it was all some what grouped in the same general location. I’ll make due with what I got, still plenty of room for a tank and such down there. Just more drywall and weird angles

I wish I had the time to stop by and give you a hand :( atleast help you lay things out or something
 
This has been my dream since I got into the hobby, I’ve always been changing tanks (55, 150, 15, 220, 180, and now my 90) and never been happy , I always thought it was “I don’t have money for nice gear that’s why I’m not happy” but , life changed 4 years ago, and I went all out on my 90 and still not happy with the limitations of corals and fish. My dream tank has always been a 360 gallon , 96x30x30 , but , this is the next best thing ( a fish wont notice a foot difference).

My dream was always a small school of yellow tangs (3 or 5) and I’ll be able to do that with this tank.
 
I just need to frame around the mechanical , and dry wall the basement and paint. I can do the flooring after the tanks in. It’s not actually a lot, just feels like a lot at this moment. I was hoping for my usual winter lay off from work, but they kept me this winter.

i feel like I have this conversation with my husband all the time. He gets overwhelmed with all the projects too, and he dreads them, but he always knocks them out quicker than he expects. But then there’s always parts of that take way longer than they should. You’ll get your finished picture before long. And there’s no rush. Rooting for you!
 
i feel like I have this conversation with my husband all the time. He gets overwhelmed with all the projects too, and he dreads them, but he always knocks them out quicker than he expects. But then there’s always parts of that take way longer than they should. You’ll get your finished picture before long. And there’s no rush. Rooting for you!
For me, the time thing is the biggest factor. I work away from home for 14 days then get 6 days home with the family (3 kids) and there’s not much time left
 
i feel like I have this conversation with my husband all the time. He gets overwhelmed with all the projects too, and he dreads them, but he always knocks them out quicker than he expects. But then there’s always parts of that take way longer than they should. You’ll get your finished picture before long. And there’s no rush. Rooting for you!

Slave driver ;Smuggrin :p
 
For me, the time thing is the biggest factor. I work away from home for 14 days then get 6 days home with the family (3 kids) and there’s not much time left

I work sometimes 2-3 days away from home, come home and can book 24 hours of "Rest" then back on call to be called at any time of the day
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top