360g Angel dominated mix reef tank

What is a good brand for sinking pellets for angelfish. Right now I am feeding my new regal with nori and angel frozen. My BrS pellet is floating type, since he only eat from the bottom
I always use new life spectrum. U can chose different size for small and large fish.
 
Some nice lps
28ACF954-7DF1-4071-9F42-4F22CBBB81D6.jpeg
CCCA4093-C60E-44EC-8883-1E24A3A245FC.jpeg
B46B8444-FAD0-4469-8211-BAFB322C6A2E.jpeg
 
Sorry to hear about the crash, your previous tank was epic! But I'm sure this will be the same, glad you're still here. Gives me another excuse to come down and check it out in person. Love that purple gig!
 
Did you think about using an app called "Snapseed" to correct the blue in your pictures? It takes probably 2 minutes. Once the pictures is loaded in the app, click tools, white balance, then at the top you will see temp. It is set in the middle, you slide to the right or left with your finger to the desired white balance you want.

34A76A2D-B4BC-4047-B5BC-865F673CE2A1-01.jpeg
 
Love your tank. Been having set backs all the time with corals. I've been thinking about going fish only. I'm fighting cyano again. So this may be the time to do a reset with fish only.
 
Love your tank. Been having set backs all the time with corals. I've been thinking about going fish only. I'm fighting cyano again. So this may be the time to do a reset with fish only.
Do you start your tank with dry rock. Do you have sand or bare bottom
 
Do you start your tank with dry rock. Do you have sand or bare bottom
Started with rock from last tank. Upgraded to larger tank. From 120 to 210 gal. It's been setup for a little over 9 years. Has sand bed, set up with new sand. Most of the cyano is on the sand bed. I'm currently vacuuming out the sand with the cyano on it. I've used chemiclean on 3 occasions but only to have it return. Right now trying the Zeo method to get rid of it.
 
Started with rock from last tank. Upgraded to larger tank. From 120 to 210 gal. It's been setup for a little over 9 years. Has sand bed, set up with new sand. Most of the cyano is on the sand bed. I'm currently vacuuming out the sand with the cyano on it. I've used chemiclean on 3 occasions but only to have it return. Right now trying the Zeo method to get rid of it.
What are your parameters? How long is your light cycle? How long has the rest been up?
 
Started with rock from last tank. Upgraded to larger tank. From 120 to 210 gal. It's been setup for a little over 9 years. Has sand bed, set up with new sand. Most of the cyano is on the sand bed. I'm currently vacuuming out the sand with the cyano on it. I've used chemiclean on 3 occasions but only to have it return. Right now trying the Zeo method to get rid of it.
Started with rock from last tank. Upgraded to larger tank. From 120 to 210 gal. It's been setup for a little over 9 years. Has sand bed, set up with new sand. Most of the cyano is on the sand bed. I'm currently vacuuming out the sand with the cyano on it. I've used chemiclean on 3 occasions but only to have it return. Right now trying the Zeo method to get rid of it.
My thing with cyano is bacteria source. A long time ago when we dont have dry rock and only start the tank with live rock from the ocean we dont have much problem with cyano but more with hair algae or diatoms. The live rock from the ocean have multiple strain of bacteria and they must have compete and control the cyano bacteria from blooming.
Forward to now everyone start out with dry rock and go through the normal cycle which only produce nitrobacteria to convert amonia, nitrie and nitrate. Now if you dont introduce any other type of bacteria sources your tank is limited. Years ago we bought colonies of sps and indirectly introduce more bacteria to the tank. Now we buying frags which is tiny and sterilized.
The equipment now is so far advance and they did too good of a job cleaning your tank therefore the nutrients is really low compare to years ago.
Nutrients aka nitrate and phosphate now you have to treat them like Alkalinity which means we have to test and dose it if needed to keep a balanced biological environment.
Zeovit is a good bacteria source system but u just need to control the nutrients dont let it go too low. Please remember zeovit was successful back then because they started the tank with 100% live rock and live sand.
 
My thing with cyano is bacteria source. A long time ago when we dont have dry rock and only start the tank with live rock from the ocean we dont have much problem with cyano but more with hair algae or diatoms. The live rock from the ocean have multiple strain of bacteria and they must have compete and control the cyano bacteria from blooming.
Forward to now everyone start out with dry rock and go through the normal cycle which only produce nitrobacteria to convert amonia, nitrie and nitrate. Now if you dont introduce any other type of bacteria sources your tank is limited. Years ago we bought colonies of sps and indirectly introduce more bacteria to the tank. Now we buying frags which is tiny and sterilized.
The equipment now is so far advance and they did too good of a job cleaning your tank therefore the nutrients is really low compare to years ago.
Nutrients aka nitrate and phosphate now you have to treat them like Alkalinity which means we have to test and dose it if needed to keep a balanced biological environment.
Zeovit is a good bacteria source system but u just need to control the nutrients dont let it go too low. Please remember zeovit was successful back then because they started the tank with 100% live rock and live sand.
I have to dose nitrates or they will go to zero. I'm dosing 85 ml to keep it about 10. I feed frozen to keep phosphates up. Tank is probably too clean.
 
Ok that would keep us from turning the lights off. Is your 10 hours all full? Or is there a ramp up and ramp down? Cyano is photosynthetic is why I ask.
I'm running an 8 bulb ATI fixture. I tried the hydrogen peroxide at one time, lost a few acros.
 
I'm running an 8 bulb ATI fixture. I tried the hydrogen peroxide at one time, lost a few acros.
Might try a little shorter light window. But reduce it slowly. Otherwise I would use Chemi-clean
 
I'll try cutting back on light. Tried chemi clean several times. Always comes back.
Probably help if I paste it.

 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top