3d Printed Aquarium Parts Archive

New frag rack I made. BYO magnets. Biggest I could make on my ender 3.

 
i use dc84pc-blk for most of my stuff. should hold well enough for most small to medium prints and most glass thicknesses. dc084pc is another great option that will hold through almost anything.
I finally offer a product, also using the D84PC-BLK:
 
I finally offer a product using them:
nice! i did a lot of research for pricing my angled frag holder for the lfs. how to get the best price considering shipping and tax and all that. pain in my tuckus.
 
nice! i did a lot of research for pricing my angled frag holder for the lfs. how to get the best price considering shipping and tax and all that. pain in my tuckus.
Your labors are much appreciated! In appreciation, I'll design you a ParlAquatics special you can offer the lfs! :D
(PM me any details you're interested in for the design? These can easily hold 2-3 frags I think.)
 
nice! i did a lot of research for pricing my angled frag holder for the lfs. how to get the best price considering shipping and tax and all that. pain in my tuckus.
How large of a frag rack is it? I'm looking to source some magnets also.
 
How large of a frag rack is it? I'm looking to source some magnets also.
Single seater. But the same holds me algae grazer just fine.
1000003166.png
1000003167.png
 
I was getting some hair algae growth on the back of the tank where I couldn't use a magnetic scraper. I decided to make an Algae FlowBee. The idea is to siphon out the algae as it gets scraped off.

This is the first prototype, and it worked better than I expected. It was really just a shot in the dark to see if the flow rate would be fast enough to capture the algae as it comes off, but that part works pretty well.

I may make some modifications so that it can use replaceable scraper blades, but one way or another I'll stick it on thingiverse.

PXL_20230929_114918155.jpg



PXL_20230929_114321458.jpg
Great Job!
 
For sump cord organization, I designed chord hangers. Two variations, one for hanging cords from the top, one for hanging cords vertically. Enjoy.

 
I didn't see this one in the master list - Mightjet Controller Bracket -

Which reminds me I still haven't updated it yet....

I wondering if something other than a forum post would be a better place to collect these. Maybe a collection on thingiverse and on printables would be a better way? I feel like no matter what, curated lists have a way of becoming out of date unless you're paying someone to keep on it.
 
Does anyone have a file for the HydroFIll ATO controller itself? thank you in advance.
 
If anyone has a Clarisea sk5000 g2 filter roller (although I think it will work for all g1-g3 models or even diy projects) and burns up motors every 12-24 months, below are links to prints that might help you. I remixed it off of the original model that @lakai (thingiverse) uploaded. Basically it’s a serviceable motor housing that threads together. @lakai did an amazing job with his OG version, which I really appreciate! This version allows for an upgraded, high torque, low rpm gear motor that has a larger motor and extra gear reduction section. I moved/strengthened the cable boss to be more like the newer upgraded oem g2 units, moved the roller screw holes to the newer upgraded oem g2 location and thread pitch. If you have the early version with self tapping roller screws I will be uploading the screws and rollers soon but I’m pretty sure there’s no original motors that are actually still working. I also made up a shortened motor coupling/crucifix and thumbscrew to allow for the longer than stock motor assy. This gear motor is available on Amazon for $15 and can be swapped out fairly easily if/when it burns up. Although I’m finding that the gear motors longevity is no longer the weak link with this upgrade, it’s the M3 screw for the coupling/crucifix that snaps now (and it’s a major pita to remove what’s broken off in the motor shaft when you have severe vision and dexterity issues!). I now replace that screw with every filter roll just to keep me from throwing things and cussing up a storm! Being as blind as I am, new to fusion360 and 3d printing which don‘t work well with screen readers, and having to use my phone to read my digital caliper display out loud which is buggy at best, and actually reducing myself to ask for sighted help when I just can’t go it alone, these are as good as they’re gong to get from me…..it was a major undertaking with a lot of headaches that I doubt I will attempt again in the near future, but I was on a mission to prove to myself that I could do it.….and someone else had already done the heavy lifting to boot @lakai! All three links are for the same project, just pick your poison thingiverse, printables, or makerworld.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6315015

https://www.printables.com/model/647713-clarisea-sk5000-g2-extended-motor-housing-for-5rpm

https://makerworld.com/en/models/64700#profileId-67917
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top