3yo Clownfish went from fat and aggressive to floating upside down overnight, please help!

Just wanted to thank everyone for all your help! It appears she has made a full recovery! I guess for some reason, after almost a year together the sailfish must have just decided to go on the attack and assault her… he’s still in the cup now and I have one final question if anyone is up for it.

The fish are currently in a 25gal long, however I have a 160gal I haven’t set up yet but could probably have cycled and running in a month or so. Do you think they will get along better in the much larger tank or should I not risk it and find the tang another home?
The sailfin has been in a 25 gallon for a year??? I'd be ticked too.
 
It was always short term. He was only a little bigger than a quarter when I got him and is now not that much bigger. I checked with both my LFSs and they both said it would be ok (one even said for a couple years but I took that with a grain of salt). I’ll take it from the replies it’s worth a shot trying them again together in the 160
 
It was always short term. He was only a little bigger than a quarter when I got him and is now not that much bigger. I checked with both my LFSs and they both said it would be ok (one even said for a couple years but I took that with a grain of salt). I’ll take it from the replies it’s worth a shot trying them again together in the 160
Yeah with time apart to heal up and reintroducing into the large aquarium you will probably be okay
 
I think you probably have all the answers you need now, but if the tang is only a little larger than a quarter, I find it hard to envision it doing that much damage to a 3 yr old clown which should be much bigger than a quarter.
 
I think you probably have all the answers you need now, but if the tang is only a little larger than a quarter, I find it hard to envision it doing that much damage to a 3 yr old clown which should be much bigger than a quarter.
Exactly why I was so confused. It's never happened before and I still am in disbelief. Discounting fins, the tang is much smaller than the clown. If not for advise here I would have potentially medicated and dipped which probably would have killed her due to misdiagnoses and her stress level.

Hopefully this video goes through if you would like to see. Have decided to set up a temporary tank for the tang and will start setting up the 160 now. Have been waiting because I know how much it will cost to get all the accessories/ lights/ everything. It's a waterbox INFINIA so I spent most of my budget on the tank, lol. Got it on sale because I think they stopped manufacturing them. Am considering starting a build thread if anyone is interested.
 
Get the tang out of the tank . Way to small it's like 25gallons . The sail fin tang needs a much bigger tank . That's the problem
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top