4-6 Foot Tank Sizing - Seeking Your Opinion

yes at least 24 front to back
i have seen front access panels but if did this i would only want the hole in the wall for just the aquarium
 
Too Long, Didn't Read:
Ballpark size I'm considering:
L: 48"-72" x W: 22-29" x H: 16-20"


What size would you go for and why?

Me and my other half are talking about finishing a room in our basement in the future and he made a comment about how cool it would be to have my aquarium built into the wall so I could hide all my "fish crap" on the unfinished side.

I'm sure this is the dream for anyone with a fish tank, especially since I didn't even have to do any sneaky persuasion...

winning homer simpson GIF

My tank is only a year old, so I have no timeline but if this tank happens down the road it's going to be well thought out. The first step is selecting a tank size to fit potential livestock.

Preferences:
-Smaller water volume over larger water volume
-Shorter tank over deeper tank (I like the lagoon style tanks, but don't want it so short that it looks silly or agitates the fish)
-Wider over narrower (enjoy the depth so fish aren't swimming left <--> right only
-Eurobraced over rimless (this is an absolute must, the rimless salt water spills drive me crazy)
-Adequate size for a couple tangs (I like powder blue, purple tang, tomini tang, yellow tang).

I would probably do a Rubbermaid stock tank style sump since the fish room would have ample space for equipment.

Extra credit if you have a favorite tank manufacturer that you like. I'm thinking about reef savvy because of the armored seams and their attention to detail makes me a think a euro-braced tank from them is as close to bullet-proof as they come.
Looks you are looking at a 125-150g at 6 feet

120g wound be 4' X 2' X 2'
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top