450 Gallon Starphire Aquarium (AGE Build)

Wow! Thats great! At least your floors are dry and not waist high in flood water.
Thanks. A bit of staining and it will be completed.
Absolutely counting my blessings to have avoided the flooding and other issues many others in town are facing.
 
Time for an update! (this has nothing to do with any contests that may be in progress)

The majority of the plumbing has been completed. The backup and emergency overflows were initially installed hard pipe due to lack of communication from me :oops:
We're just waiting on delivery of the flex (should be here today) to finish up and test the system.

After the water test, we're going to get started on the mount for the Kessil AP700's. I could use some tips/advice for this part.
 
Incredible build so far. Your boss definitely sounds cool lol

Curious why you spent so much bread on lighting for an aggressive FOWLR? Trying to be able to talk him into corals in the future once he realized how epic reefs can be?
 
Incredible build so far. Your boss definitely sounds cool lol

Curious why you spent so much bread on lighting for an aggressive FOWLR? Trying to be able to talk him into corals in the future once he realized how epic reefs can be?
Thanks for pointing that out.
Since then, plans have changed to more of a mixed reef. It took a lot of pleading and lots of pictures/videos to finally sway his decision.
 
Ah ok, I figured that was the reason but couldn't recall reading anything in prior posts. Good call on convincing him though lol the setup will look awesome with some corals, doesn't have to be anything fancy but I tend to think they really complete the look of a saltwater tank.

Have you started thinking about your aquascape yet?
 
Ah ok, I figured that was the reason but couldn't recall reading anything in prior posts. Good call on convincing him though lol the setup will look awesome with some corals, doesn't have to be anything fancy but I tend to think they really complete the look of a saltwater tank.

Have you started thinking about your aquascape yet?
Couldn't agree more about the look.
Absolutely, I have a rough idea of what I want in my head. Just waiting on rocks to finish curing so I can get started on the scape.
 
Looking good! You have a roomful of pets there, it seems.
Thanks! Yes, we love animals here :)
Nothing to update at the moment. I'm still waiting for the rocks to finish curing, and the plumbing swap out I mentioned earlier still hasnt been done.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top