48x22.5x26 can it be done without euro bracing???

I’ve never built a tank but recently had one built by glass cages. It is 108 inches long and they doubled the thickness of the bottom compared to other surfaces.
Like I said I have no idea why but you may want to research it. May also be dependent on what you plan to do, thick sand bed, amount of live rock, ect.
 
What he asked...

How thick is the glass on your tank, how thick is the brace and did Miracles polish all edges?

The Glass thickness on this tank is actually made up of two different thicknesses. Bottom and rear overflow panel are 3/4" and all other panels including the Eurobracing is 1/2" (Miracles suggestion was 3/4" everywhere if I skipped the bracing). The bracing is 4" wide just to cover that aspect as well If one was curious.

Miracles polished all edges everywhere with exception of the inside edge of the Eurobracing. In all honesty I did not ask specifically to have the inside polished as well so I don't know if it's even possible. Because the way the brace is cut I think that polishing the inner edge just isn't possible. But it has kindof a frosted glass look to it which doesn't take away from the overall look of the bracing atleast IMO.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top