5-6 Year old Clownfish not looking so great

When a fish is old You will see it on her. It is more stiff in the body, reacting slower and eating less. It is not as qurious as before, more standing still instead of swimming around as much as it used to.
If a fish breaths heavy it means that the gills dont work as they should. It can depend on parasites or an internal problem. In the last case it is usually swollen.
 
Glad shes doing better!

I have never had this issue with clowns but, a fish with a blockage can act the same way.
Have fed thawed frozen peas to the fish i have had this issue with.

Notoriously common with goldfish due to their feeding habbits and the design of their intestinal tract, but can happen to any fish.

If its acting normal again could have passed the blockage on its own.
 
Thanks everyone for the insight. This morning things are still about the same as last night. Still kind of hanging out under some rocks out of sight but not rolling over like she was 2 days ago so things are still hopeful.

This was the 1st saltwater fish I bought, Along with the blue damsel I still have. Longest I have ever kept a fish haha
 
just throwing it out there, but you have an ocellaris with a pair of clarkiis? is it possible the clarkiis decided to beat her up? clarkiis can be pretty mean
 
I haven't noticed anything. The ocellaris was beating up the smaller clarkii for a few days when I first added them to the tank but they have all been getting along (to my surprise) But the ocellaris looks fine. no signs of nipping or anything. And the ocellaris always gets food.
 
Sounds like a little old man. is it at least eating? If so, add garlic or selcon to its food,
Assure chemistry of water has not changed such as salinity, ammonia, etc.
 
I'd say everything is back to normal. Not sure if the fresh water dips did the trick or if it just got over whatever was going on. Weird week.
 
When a fish is old You will see it on her. It is more stiff in the body, reacting slower and eating less. It is not as qurious as before, more standing still instead of swimming around as much as it used to.
If a fish breaths heavy it means that the gills dont work as they should. It can depend on parasites or an internal problem. In the last case it is usually swollen.
I agree. Old fish look and like old fish.
 
just throwing it out there, but you have an ocellaris with a pair of clarkiis? is it possible the clarkiis decided to beat her up? clarkiis can be pretty mean
This is very likely the cause. 3 clowns in a 60 is pushing it when they are different varieties. Clarke's are pretty agressive. They will get more aggressive as they grow especially if they start spawning. A head butt or two from one in the right place is all it takes to kill another clown. Your clown may have received a blow like that and needed some time to recover.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top