50-60 gallon tank without a center brace?

  • Thread starter Thread starter AdamNC
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

AdamNC

Lawnmower Blenny says nom nom
View Badges
Joined
Nov 29, 2014
Messages
4,118
Reaction score
3,239
Location
Winston Salem NC
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Besides rimless tanks are there any tanks in the 50-60 gallon range without a center brace? Ideally I like the Deep Blue rimmed 50 gallon tank size 36x18x18. But I can not stand that center brace.
 
Look at Euro braced tanks. It's a piece of glass that goes around the top rim of the tank
 
Besides rimless tanks are there any tanks in the 50-60 gallon range without a center brace? Ideally I like the Deep Blue rimmed 50 gallon tank size 36x18x18. But I can not stand that center brace.

Just get an Aqueon 40 breeder, they are closer to 50 gallon than 40
 
If you don't want a center brace then it's either eurobraced or rimless. You can get eurobraced in any size you want
 
Haven't thought about the Euro Braced ones, and the 40 Breeder is 2 inches shorter then the 50. Problem I'm having is I'm really trying not to have to buy a different light. I've got a Maxspect R420r, 160 watt version that has 3 pucks. 2 of them would be fine but then the one in the middle would be right over the brace, kind of a wasted puck. Ideally I'd have to buy 2 more lights , one on each side of the brace. Man this decision sucks lol.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top