50 gal rubbermaid frag tank question?

dylan29

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 28, 2014
Messages
35
Reaction score
18
Location
new orleans, LA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all!

I just have a few questions about lighting and flow for an sps dominant frag tank.

So i am trying to decide between a 6x32" ati t5 fixture or a 4x48" ati t5 fixture and i would also like to see any input on any other t5 fixtures

Also i was trying to figure out powerheads that will give me a decent flow with a mag9 powering the return line with about 500 gph reaching the frag tank after powering the reactors via maniflod. i was thinking about two sicce voyager 2

Dimensions: 52"x31"x12"

Thanks!!
 
[h=2]Current Nova Extreme 48" 8 bulb T5 W/Moon Lights[/h]I have no use for this fixture and it's time to offer it up to someone who can put it to good use. The fans are whisper quiet, everything works as it should and the fixture is in great condition. Two of the bulbs are no good and will need replacing. I'm asking $250 and it retails for $500.

If you are interested, feel free to PM me.
 
Thank you for the offer bearjohnson, but wouldn't that be a little of an overkill and if not please let me know for i am not well acquainted with t5 fixtures and if it will work im curious as to what will be a good bulb combo? Thanks
 
When it comes to SPS I don't think there is any such thing as over-kill. I was just thinking for what you'd spend on a 6 0r a 4 bulb you could probably spend the same amount (or less depending on which manufacturer you choose) on the 8 bulb.

Bulb combo's are really a matter of preference. I like to keep things simple so whites and blue (actinic) are generally the only way I go.
 
Last edited:
Definitely go bigger its always better plus if you dont need alot of light right away you could just run some of the bulbs and turn on the rest once your frag tank geta filled/grown more
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top