50g fowlr to reef

I love nano fish. How many do you think I could put in my tank? After I get this tank up and going, I'm probably going to do a pico for the bedroom. Girlfriend would love it and I get another tank lol
 
Oh I probably will. Just gotta find a place to put it
 
Haha I love an excuse for another tank. Many people have there own opinions on how many fish you can put in a tank and theyre size and everything else. But a fifty gallon is a decent size so you can fit quite a few happily. Just dont go overboard (you will know what overboard is) and make sure the fish are compatible with one another. Basically look around at some fish and find a few you like, if you havent already and read into it. For me thats the fun part, and if you have any extra questions you can always ask to be sure. This three gallon is the only tank i have up right now and this blue damsel is the only fish I can put it here if that says anything. They say that they need atleast 30 gallons of water, but she is and has been doing great.
 
I'm sure I will have plenty of time to research what fish I want during the cycle haha. What kind of filtration do you have on your 3g
 
I have a 3 stage built into the back being I have it on my night stand. Built a media rack to put inside and replace the gigantic nitrate sponge it came with. Polish pad on top trickling down to bio rings and finally to chemi pure. I rely on my display rock mainly for my bilogical filter and is working great.
 
Well it looks like its working for you.
 
So far so good. Hope to keep it that way
 
Sorry for the lack of updates. Nothing seemed to go to plan Tuesday. I still had to make water for the 37g tank, which took all day. I didn't get enough water made until about 830 that night, and i still needed to heat it up before i added salt. But as i was setting the tank up i was thinking about the fish i was gonna put in it. I don't think i could provide the best home for them, with most of my attention going towards the rebuild. And i don't really want that tank as a second tank, Odd dimensions 37g column(22x16x24). So right now im trying to rehome them before i break down the tank. I work until saturday, so if i can't find a home for them by sunday i will break down the tank anyways and start the rebuild. Either way tank is being broken down sunday, it would just be easier if i didn't have to worry about the fish and keeping the live rock live while breaking down the tank. I have a few people interested in the fish so hopefully i can rehome them soon.
 
Update! Fish have been rehomed and tank is broke down. All I have to do is finish cleaning and set back up. I should have all the cleaning done tonight. I have water ready so it should be wet by tomorrow night.
 
Good lock with it man, just set my 14 biocube up

1445829242362.jpg


1445829270804.jpg
 
Looks good! What's the stocking plans for it? My tank is halfway wet. Just waiting on the next batch of salt to mix
 
Well. Just coral. Mine will be a........cowlr haha
 
Lol clever
 
Hay man, do you have a picture to post so far?
 
I'm at work now. I can try and take one when i get home. I don't have my lights yet, should be here Thursday, but i will throw some old lights above it to take a pic. Hopefully it cleared up a little bit. It was still pretty cloudy when i woke up this morning.
 
Cool man. Just kinda wanting to see where the tank is at
 
Okay. I might just wait until thursday to get a pic because i would like it to be with the aquamana lights. Unless you want one tonight lol
 
Haha that's alright man, if you wanna wait till then that's fine. Was just wanting to see the progress
 
Lights came in today. Look pretty cool. Im not gonna have them above the tank tonight though. I have to make some adjustments to my canopy before I can put them in. I work tomorrow so it may not be until saturday when I can mount them in my canopy. Also got my ato today, a jbj
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top