65 gallon custom rim-less reef aquarium

e485190996d2836bde493e881bcb0fe4.jpg
 
Sad news! Top down view left to right of my almost fishless tank. [emoji20]

My breaker tripped Friday night during a storm and both my 65 gallon DT and 29 gallon Biocube were without power for 7 hrs. I have a back up battery for the 2 Vortech pumps in my 65 gal, but that either died or was already dead. I lost 4 out of 8 fish and one shrimp in the 65 gal. The Powder Blue tang, Mystery wrasse, a pair of male/female Lyretail Anthias and a Coral banded shrimp did not survive. [emoji20]

Luckly the 3 Angels, a Majestic, Bicolor and Flame angels, that I am quarantining in my Biocube were fine. The 4 remaining fish in the 65 gal., a pair of Frostbite clowns, a Yellow tang and a Red Coras wrasse appear to be ok, although not eating. Since I only found the Powder Blue tang, I'm hopeful that my Mystery wrasse may still be alive but hiding. It is doubtful that the Anthias survived. [emoji20]

I will be replacing and quarantining a new Powder Blue tang in the next few weeks. This is my original Powder Blue since setting up this tank 3 years ago so it hurts! [emoji20]

e3c5544f913e8f643eed858c999c3e34.jpg
c733a0f5f2ecddbc6525ad38668a5535.jpg
6b0f26240ce5acc2970f7053487f8c34.jpg
 
Last edited:
Update: I will be selling my custom 65 gallon rimless/stand/equipment to a good friend. He is fairly new to the hobby and was looking to upgrade from his 40 breeder mixed reef. I am very happy to see my tank and live stock go to a good home. He is a very good reefer and I know he will be able to maintain and enjoy this beautiful tank. Reasons for parting with my home system is that my kids are young (4 yrs and 2 yrs) and maintaining 3 aquariums and balancing family life is beginning to be a chore. I will be concentrating my efforts primarily on my larger 185 office aquarium and 40 gallon coral QT.
 
Sorry about the losses and hate to see you sell the home tank!!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top