65 Gallon Seahorse Tank

Love the scape! If it was me, I would remove any crabs , I know that they are considered low risk, but I have seen them really pick at ponies and can cause some injury . Opening the door for bacterial infection.
+1 on this. I had blue legs with my ponies and they gave them hell. Especially my Bonnie. She loved to lay on the bottom and spy amphipods crawling around the bottom of the rocks. They would crawl all over her and stress her out. Into the 75g they went!

How is the progress?
 
+1 on this. I had blue legs with my ponies and they gave them hell. Especially my Bonnie. She loved to lay on the bottom and spy amphipods crawling around the bottom of the rocks. They would crawl all over her and stress her out. Into the 75g they went!

How is the progress?
Progress is at a halt, every time we catch up on our finances something else goes wrong. This summer alone we have put about $4k into fixing car problems...the tank is currently going through the ugly algae phase, so we'll be adding more snails soon. The hold up is money for lights and chiller.
 
I completely understand! Our sump on our 75g blew out in April causing flooding. In carpet. UGH. We ended up having to take down the tank to replace the flooring. Thank godness for homeowners insurance! Since we had it down we replaced the floors and that turned into a huge reno in the house. But, we have all porcelain flooring now though. Phew! ANNDDD, hubby decided "since he tank is down we might as well upgrade the 75 to a 90" since it had the same footprint! OH, the joys of reefing!!!! LOL
Looking forward to seeing your progress.....I just love your rock and tank!
 
I completely understand! Our sump on our 75g blew out in April causing flooding. In carpet. UGH. We ended up having to take down the tank to replace the flooring. Thank godness for homeowners insurance! Since we had it down we replaced the floors and that turned into a huge reno in the house. But, we have all porcelain flooring now though. Phew! ANNDDD, hubby decided "since he tank is down we might as well upgrade the 75 to a 90" since it had the same footprint! OH, the joys of reefing!!!! LOL
Looking forward to seeing your progress.....I just love your rock and tank!
Thank you!
 
We've got some major algae starting to build up, so getting some nails to add this weekend. Wishing I was adding more!
Snails can help a lot. Sometimes (actually most times) a tanks has to look pretty bad before it can look good.
 
Folks, we have our first fishy inhabitant! So happy to finally get something swimming around in the tank, even if it is a tiny tail spot blenny. He seams so small in that giant tank all by himself, but is happily munching on the algae that is taking off. We've also added a dozen astrea snails and one turbo, hoping that they can keep up with the algae. We also got a dragon faced pipefish who we put in our frag tank right now to (hopefully) deal with our flatworm problem. He'll end up in the seahorse tank as well. They are both so cute, I'll try to get some pics of them up here.
 
I've got to get a pic of him this evening! He has taken up residence in a trubo snail shell that I threw in there. He looks like a barnacle blenny!
 
Folks, we have our first fishy inhabitant! So happy to finally get something swimming around in the tank, even if it is a tiny tail spot blenny. He seams so small in that giant tank all by himself, but is happily munching on the algae that is taking off. We've also added a dozen astrea snails and one turbo, hoping that they can keep up with the algae. We also got a dragon faced pipefish who we put in our frag tank right now to (hopefully) deal with our flatworm problem. He'll end up in the seahorse tank as well. They are both so cute, I'll try to get some pics of them up here.
Woop! How exciting! Can't wait to see pics!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top