65 tall FOWLR Help me with stocking ideas?

MeanGreenStompa

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 21, 2020
Messages
61
Reaction score
28
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
Planning on converting my 65 tall from freshwater, will be a simple setup with a couple of HOB filters, some live rock etc, no sump.

I'm planning on a Marine Betta and a Dwarf/smaller Lionfish but want some other ideas for the tank inhabitants? I'd like color and little fuss as this is a simple display for the lounge away from my big reef tank.

I really like the pearlscale butterfly but suspect butterflies and tangs may need a longer tank than a 3'x18"x24"

Thanks for your help!
 
Hi,
Planning on converting my 65 tall from freshwater, will be a simple setup with a couple of HOB filters, some live rock etc, no sump.

I'm planning on a Marine Betta and a Dwarf/smaller Lionfish but want some other ideas for the tank inhabitants? I'd like color and little fuss as this is a simple display for the lounge away from my big reef tank.

I really like the pearlscale butterfly but suspect butterflies and tangs may need a longer tank than a 3'x18"x24"

Thanks for your help!
It seem like you want to go the predator route of fish. I would say if you do decide to go with a marine betta and dwarf lion fish, you cant get any small fish. Tbh, not sure any other fish that can go into the 65 gallon tank. Many predatory fish need bigger tanks as they grow big.
 
854E2C72-6D94-4468-B545-924CF5E40286.jpeg


Maybe one large-but-tall rock feature that your fish could swim around? Just a thought. By the way, I had a Pearlscale— stunning fish IMO— it swam fairly slowly, and “might” work with your dimension tank, but it would have to be a sparsely stocked tank so it has enough swim room. Kind of like the Pearlscale as the ‘show fish’, plus some small fish like a Talbot, Chalk Bass, etc.
 
Definitely get a puffer! Blue spotted, Leopard, Valentini would all be suitable. You could also get some kind of smaller filefish, I always thought they were super cool
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top