65g Mixed Reef (Hopefully Picture Intensive ;))

Ready to dose once dosing pump arrives!!

C90CDC37-E538-4023-B5DB-3500BC335A04.jpeg
 
Gah!! Reefbreeders ran out of inventory and refunded my order... anybody have experience with the coral box WiFi dosing pump instead??
 
Dosing pump was received early this week, in the process of setting it up and really excited for results. Also, look at the growth that I’ve gotten in about two weeks in my frag tank.
751D0A1B-75C8-4DD8-ACCE-7B53C69F6100.jpeg
751D0A1B-75C8-4DD8-ACCE-7B53C69F6100.jpeg

Before


2FAC569B-049F-476F-B72F-B6D7FFD74E37.jpeg

Now
 
Update: Finally set up dosing pump with calcium and alkalinity. Clam has grown a few millimeters. Main tank is not doing as well as I want, but frag tank looks great!

708D5D74-D732-40E6-B989-4597C80426EE.jpeg
A2034586-EA91-4D7A-B326-96605373CBA2.jpeg
 
Here’s an update. The display tank is not doing as well, so it had to move almost everything to the frag tank, where it is recovering nicely. I am doing a 15% WC today, but what frustrates me is that my clam is growing so well in my DT it’s amazing.
 
Please subscribe to this thread as it will motivate me more to post more pics and keep the tank beautiful. Also, I am looking to upgrade my frag tank to a zoomed low boy. I will be partitioning off one foot of it as an AIO sump. I’ve also found that frag tanks w/o fish do better with only a refugium instead of a skimmer. Anyways, I’m looking at T5 lights or Reefbreeders photon V2 to light it. The dimensions I will have to cover are 36+in x 24in and then the tank is 10 in deep. Is it okay for my frag tank to have different lights than my DT? Thanks
 
yes, not a problem to have different lights on frag tank than DT. only thing is corals may change their coloring. If you have quality lighting on both, i wouldn't worry about it too much.

still having DT issues? what is "everything" in everything but the clam was suffering?
 
Thanks for the advice, yeah the DT is getting better, I’ve isolated it to a contaminate in my RO “DI” system, so I’m getting a new one during the BRS st Patrick’s day sale! Yay
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top