75g rimless Planet Aquarium tank w/bow

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 1, 2013
Messages
4,811
Reaction score
2,163
Location
Austin, Tx
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was ready to do a leak test on my tank today. I leveled it and filled it to just below the overflow holes. You can see down both the back and front pane there is a slight bow. Before filling it up it measured 17 9/16. After filling it was 17 11/16. It looks like both panes bowed the same amount. Is this normal for a rimless tank?

James
 
Plumbing is done! Did the dry fit and everything looked great. Cemented the two drain lines and they fit almost perfectly. Got half way done with the return and realized I put one of the 45 on backwards...thank goodness Lowe's is only 5 min away! Water test starts on Saturday!!!

 
I just finished filling my new 75 gallon Planet Aquarium rimless tank with water and the amount of deflection/bowing is making me a little nervous! Have you had any problems with yours? Did you contact the manufacturer?
 
I've not had any issues at all. I never did contact the manuf. Several members of my local reef club said this was completely normal / acceptable.
 
Thank you! My husband pointed out that he was 100% sure it had bowed out and been a little wider in the middle before adding any water at all, he just figured it was how it was made. So we went ahead and finished filling it and it is still together this morning :-)
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top