75Gal Innovative Marine INT- Mixed reef

535D970A-FD7C-42C1-B645-6724C3DF9266.jpeg
 
Nice man! already looking good. That right rock is going to be covered in zoa's before you know it. Good to hear about the skimmer, i'll probably pull the trigger on it this weekend.
 
Pretty excited today. Noticing my first freckles of coralline growing on my rock and especially on my ABS sheet i used to cover the bottom. I am thinking that those ark reef bottles really worked as its only been 45 days or so since I got the tank wet. Unfortunately I lost one of those electric blue damsels. I noticed on his side yesterday that it looked like he lost some scales. I think he got sucked through one of my Mp40's. Woke up today and all that was left was his skeleton. I also recieved my WWC coral club box yesterday. I got some pretty good stuff. A frogskin Acro, Mardi Gras Cxphastrea, Seasons Greetings Monti, Megatron Micromussa, And a Honeycomb Leptastrea.
 
Wondering if anyone has a link to Apex maintenance. Like PH, Temp, DOS calibration and head replacement intervals.
 
Does anyone have any experience with the neptune PMK par monitor? I really need to get some readings done and am really not wanting to spend $400+ on a par meter. I really wish my area had a active club or better yet even just 1 LFS other than petco.
 
What do you guys think my peak intensity of my Ap700 should be at for this tank?(With T5's on, Blue plus,coral plus, purple plus, blue plus) I have my schedule i want down but trying to figure it out until i get a par meter.
 
Starting to get some serious cyano. Ride it out and embrace the ugly stage? Water changes? Throw some GFO in the reactor?
 
Starting to get some serious cyano. Ride it out and embrace the ugly stage? Water changes? Throw some GFO in the reactor?

Just wait if no coral is struggling because of it. It won't last long if nutrients are in check.
 
Starting to get frustrated with my N03 and P04 levels. Been pretty much 0 since day 1. Sent out my first ICP/OES test and should be done hopefully today or tomorrow. Also cyano is starting to die out. Question for you guys that used dry rock. Did your rocks turn bright green? I can see coralline starting to from on the rocks but with the lights off they are really green. Will post a photo in a little bit.
 
I should be hitting the green stage pretty soon so I'll let you know.

I'm sure its normal though. Tank is super young still, especially because of the dry rock.
 
I like the tank and off to a good start with the equipment. How did you mount the Aquatic light posts to the ABS Stand? I I have the 48" fixture with 3 Kessils for my EXT 100, I can't mount to the wall as the distance would be to great, wasn't sure if I could drill into the legs safely.
 
How did you mount the Aquatic light posts to the ABS Stand?
I just used some half inch long self tapping screws and screwed into the aluminum stand. I didnt put a screw in every hole, I did four out of the six holes on each side. I don't think i hurt the integrity of the stand at all either.
 
Starting to get frustrated with my N03 and P04 levels. Been pretty much 0 since day 1. Sent out my first ICP/OES test and should be done hopefully today or tomorrow. Also cyano is starting to die out. Question for you guys that used dry rock. Did your rocks turn bright green? I can see coralline starting to from on the rocks but with the lights off they are really green. Will post a photo in a little bit.


Completely normal when starting with dry rock like Marco or reef saver rock. Tank looks great. I love the size of IM75 Ext/int.
 
I received my triton results. They say to do 6 15% water changes over the next 6 weeks. Let me know if you see anything abnormal or if you have an idea where my tin is coming from.
 

Attachments

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top