9 gallon Pyrex cylinder tank filtration setup help/ideas

  • Thread starter Thread starter JDnKY
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

JDnKY

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 25, 2018
Messages
514
Reaction score
1,066
Location
Kentucky
What state or country do you live in
Kentucky
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this Pyrex cylinder from a friend, it holds approximately 9 galons (23.5 inches tall and 11 inches across ID) and I thought might make a cool aquarium. I was thinking maybe an Anemone and couple of clowns or something small and peaceful. I’m not sure how I would go about building an overflow for it or what kind of filtration system to use. So my question is, what would you put in it and how would you built it out? Filtration? Light? Inhabitants? I realize the glass isn’t perfect and the round shape will distort the view a little.

upload_2019-4-1_9-17-9.jpeg

Please excuse the mess, just cleaned it and it’s sitting on the floor in front of a workbench.
 
You can’t put anemones and clowns in that “tank”. It’s way too small.
What about HOB filter
 
You can’t put anemones and clowns in that “tank”. It’s way too small.
What about HOB filter

Not sure how well a HOB filter would sit on it. I do have a canister filter that could work. It’s a single compartment type, which media would you use? What inhabitants would you put in it? I would l0ve some sea horses but after reading about them I don’t think an animal that only lives a year is what I want.
 
Would make a great terrarium

I thought about that but live out in the country so my surroundings are all plants and greenery. Guess I could go with tropical plants, don’t have any of those around here.
 
You could do mosses and local plants easy.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top