90 Gallons of Frag

Looks like things are coming out nicely!
May I ask what you feed and which salt you use?

Rods Food, Reef Chili, Sea Veggies. I do regular 12 gallon water changes with Tropic Marin Pro Reef.
 
Do you have to edit/adjust the pics after taking your shots with the new camera or are these pix straight from the camera? Great pix!

I shoot with high F stops and faster shutter speeds. I try to use lower ISOs so my photos come out a little dark. I use PS to lighten the photos up a bit. Resolution and clarity are my main goals. Not über fluorescence. Actinic shots are the hardest. I seem to loose the crisp detail I want to see. I do not PS colors, saturation, vibrance, ECT. My LEDs, T5s, and halide show the colors just fine.
 
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407268857.860324.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407268871.809805.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407268883.926107.jpg
 
Looks good tho. Your set up is a lot newer then mine. My tank was put together bone yard style. Just a bunch of used equipment I picked up at my work.
 
Nah, if your going to go, go all in!
 
Well I definitely go all in. I'm actually not happy with a few things so I am going to transfer/find homes for the coral and redo the rock work, and different sand. And get the sump how I want it. I've learned a few things from when I started it and since the tank is gonna be running for years. I want to get it how I want it now.
 
Thanks! As soon as I started buying smaller and crazier corals, I found macro photography the best way to see and monitor my corals health. They also look cool!

Everyone's first tank is their learning tank. I think this is my 5th tank in 12 years. Still thinking about the next one. lol
 
New Blue+ and actinic ATI bulbs installed today. Tank update!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407985860.345011.jpg


ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407985871.630054.jpg


ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407985882.295123.jpg


ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407985892.178697.jpg


ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407985908.144459.jpg
 
What brand of black sand did you end up using if ya don't mind me asking? Any issues with it sticking to magnets or any other issues?
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top