A "color changing" background for your reef tank! What do you think?

Would you ever consider using a color changing background on your reef tank? (click for info)

  • YES

    Votes: 136 24.5%
  • NO

    Votes: 280 50.5%
  • MAYBE

    Votes: 133 24.0%
  • Other (please explain)

    Votes: 6 1.1%

  • Total voters
    555
I have it on two of my tanks, at first I thought it might be gimmicky but I enjoy being able to change the color.
DBCCEDF6-7029-4ACB-8F62-03A31973056B.jpeg
 
My current tank is mounted in an opening between rooms and requires cleaning on all four sides. My future tanks will only require cleaning on the front glass lol, so no.
On this side of the fence, I wish I had 4 viewing panels of 8k ocean life....I guess I'll just make do with 3 ;)
 
I have a full LCD pannel on my freshwater planted tank. Mine is 120 cm by 90cm


I tried the above method and didn’t like the result. I am very picky. The Lightground background is perfect and really makes the tank pop.
 

Attachments

  • 7F33FCC6-3ABA-4DD0-980A-15F1B00818BB.jpeg
    7F33FCC6-3ABA-4DD0-980A-15F1B00818BB.jpeg
    198.9 KB · Views: 57
I have to admit some of the photos look cool but I don't clean the back glass ever and I get enough of a room glow from the overhead tank lights.

While you at it how about a computer monitor behind the back glass then you can change your background to actual photos.
 
While it seems like a cool idea, I didn't spend all the time and resources to build a disco tank in my living room.

I'm a dive instructor and I've dove all over the world and never seen a reef that would have that look.

But, hey, each to their own! ;Joyful
 
I’ve thought about doing something like this behind my tank (black glass). Partly for ambience but also tied into my hydros for larger visual alerts
 
As part of a sunrise/sunset (shadowbox) setup I can see how this could add something. The only problem is for this to be natural enough looking the lightsource has to be topside, which it isn't in this setup/example.
 
I’ve thought about doing something like this behind my tank (black glass). Partly for ambience but also tied into my hydros for larger visual alerts

That would look great. Tag me if you get it going, would love to see it.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top