A good day Reefing! What is that for You??

Michael Naegeli

Captainspando
View Badges
Joined
Jul 23, 2017
Messages
1,017
Reaction score
2,340
Location
Sarasota, Fl
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A good day for Reefing! What that means for Me..... I’d say I’m having a good day of Reefing today. The Day began very stressful for me, (As usual), for I own a business. Kinda controlled chaos, haha. Lots of calls to return, this, that, go here, fix this, sell this, check on these. Ugh. My life is brutal. So the day goes on and it’s steaming hot, I’m outside all day in South Florida so this is prolly the worse month of the year. Redtide on the beach that I’m on all day. Sweating like a pig, aches and pains, ugh. Just a horrible day. I’ve had it!! Head home around 8pm. Take dogs out, feed em and I can finally go check out my tanks. Dang, thinking wow, I have a ridiculously Nice Reef.... everything I mean everything out of literally Hundreds of frags looks just look absolutely Beautiful.... All My Zoa’s and Paly’s lookin all happy and wide open, My Chalices are all Super fat and growing at nice rate, torches and frogs pawns all flowing all big and long.. Blasto’s are all fat and puffy, Acans all happy, and all My Sps, (which I’ve struggled w on this immature tank) Are all doing just great... not too many, and started w just tiny nubs of most.. I can actually notice a very significant change in my acros and mille’s. They are Super Vibrant and Colorful and a very noticeable growth spurt on all of them.
Did I actually finally get this mixed Reef dialed in??? Wow, I’m just Stoked!!! It’s a 180 gal RSR750xxl up for its 11th month. I have sooo struggled ever since adding some high end sps to a totally Zoa Dominant, Lps, Softie tank. I’ve been adjusting dosers, weeding My fuge weekly w my 20% religious weekly water change. I have been working diligently on Nutient levels, that’s probably the hardest part of a mixed Reef with an absolutely huge amount of Corals. Funny, I found I had “Too clean” of water for Sps in a Zoa, Lps,Softie tank which all have been thriving since I got. I had thought I was possibly over feeding tank but as I observed the Acros and digits and monti they were struggling and lookin rough. My cheato was dying off all of the sudden after adding Sps. So strange to Me. So I started really heavily feeding My fish and gardening. Added more food spot feeding a couple times a week and bombing it hard broadcast of Reef roids. Cheato started growing, Sps started turnin around and all f my Corals whether Zoa, shrooms, chalices, Monti, Mille, and everything else has been consistently been getting bigger and happier.
This is over Months of time and I’ve had ups and downs with this or that for this reason or that. But Today my tank looks Epic!! So happy to see such a happy healthy thriving system in my living room. This is a good day to be a Reefer. I already forgot about My Poop filled day and am just in awe of the Beauty of My Reef. Lovin it!!!
 
A good day for Reefing! What that means for Me..... I’d say I’m having a good day of Reefing today. The Day began very stressful for me, (As usual), for I own a business. Kinda controlled chaos, haha. Lots of calls to return, this, that, go here, fix this, sell this, check on these. Ugh. My life is brutal. So the day goes on and it’s steaming hot, I’m outside all day in South Florida so this is prolly the worse month of the year. Redtide on the beach that I’m on all day. Sweating like a pig, aches and pains, ugh. Just a horrible day. I’ve had it!! Head home around 8pm. Take dogs out, feed em and I can finally go check out my tanks. Dang, thinking wow, I have a ridiculously Nice Reef.... everything I mean everything out of literally Hundreds of frags looks just look absolutely Beautiful.... All My Zoa’s and Paly’s lookin all happy and wide open, My Chalices are all Super fat and growing at nice rate, torches and frogs pawns all flowing all big and long.. Blasto’s are all fat and puffy, Acans all happy, and all My Sps, (which I’ve struggled w on this immature tank) Are all doing just great... not too many, and started w just tiny nubs of most.. I can actually notice a very significant change in my acros and mille’s. They are Super Vibrant and Colorful and a very noticeable growth spurt on all of them.
Did I actually finally get this mixed Reef dialed in??? Wow, I’m just Stoked!!! It’s a 180 gal RSR750xxl up for its 11th month. I have sooo struggled ever since adding some high end sps to a totally Zoa Dominant, Lps, Softie tank. I’ve been adjusting dosers, weeding My fuge weekly w my 20% religious weekly water change. I have been working diligently on Nutient levels, that’s probably the hardest part of a mixed Reef with an absolutely huge amount of Corals. Funny, I found I had “Too clean” of water for Sps in a Zoa, Lps,Softie tank which all have been thriving since I got. I had thought I was possibly over feeding tank but as I observed the Acros and digits and monti they were struggling and lookin rough. My cheato was dying off all of the sudden after adding Sps. So strange to Me. So I started really heavily feeding My fish and gardening. Added more food spot feeding a couple times a week and bombing it hard broadcast of Reef roids. Cheato started growing, Sps started turnin around and all f my Corals whether Zoa, shrooms, chalices, Monti, Mille, and everything else has been consistently been getting bigger and happier.
This is over Months of time and I’ve had ups and downs with this or that for this reason or that. But Today my tank looks Epic!! So happy to see such a happy healthy thriving system in my living room. This is a good day to be a Reefer. I already forgot about My Poop filled day and am just in awe of the Beauty of My Reef. Lovin it!!!

I'm in that sweet spot right right now. My reef takes me away from reality for sure!

DSC_0065.JPG


Just look at that white rims! Tanks happy, I'm happy!
 
Hi neighbor (I'm an hour south from Michael) and glad to hear you had a good day.

I have to admit, a good day reefing for me is being out snorkeling in the Keys! ;)

I had days like you when my 120g tank was full of sps sticks and plates. But a chiller issue killed everything except corals that hug the rocks. So I've just started over. I've downsized from the 120g to a 50g cube and I have it as full as I can get it with mostly zoas and rock flower anemones along with a few sps and lps. It's been so much easier working on one 50g rather that the 4 tanks I had a year ago. And I specifically picked zoas and rock flower anemones that fluoresce well under blue leds. In the evening, when the room is dark and the tank is getting less and less blue light, the corals just look unreal. I'm looking forward to a time 6 to 12 months from now when all these frags (over 100) are all growing together! Also I'm raising 2 rounds of baby rock flower anemones which has been a real treat. I have 6 adults, 12 juveniles about a year old and about 15 newbies that are still just 1/8" to 1/4" in diameter. It's very rewarding to have a tank that can allow for birth and raising the young!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top