A link about the Hawaii ban...Ture or False?

  • Thread starter Thread starter mibwb
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None
Look at some of the arguments put forward by the anti-aquarium crowd, and you'll know the article is basically true. See also Julian Sprungs discussion on this at, I believe, the 2014 MACNA. (it was in another thread). Or browse through all the other arguments for/con the Hawaii ban. Also note the fact that they've been at this for a long time, always trying legislation and lawsuits to force this - best is example is the complete ban on coral keeping in Hawaii.

Basically, there are a good number of people who want to ban aquarium and collection for various reasons. Their science and data is always poor; the argument is always in the end an emotional one.
 
I was just reading this the other day. Pretty pathetic really stooping to that level of using false facts and scientists name's without them knowing. Especially when everyone in this hobby who's been in this hobby for a short time would do anything to ensure the health of there fishy friends. Unfortunately the general public seems to have no idea of the dedication of reefers to create and maintain the best of the best environents. And I know that the vast majority of us are more than willing to spend huge money on meds and QT setups to treat and save the lives of $15-50 fish. Would it be cheaper to just move on and let a fish go, ofcourse it would be. But we aren't like that.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top