A somewhat devestated Acanthastrea Lordhowensis, Is it possible to save the rest ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Katze
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

Katze

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 27, 2022
Messages
347
Reaction score
80
Location
Hungary, Budapest
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my 2nd LPS coral ever, arrived 2-3 weeks ago, it's currently in a recommended zone: low to mid lighting low-ish flow.
As far as I've been able to figure it out my mistake was: When I placed it in, I accidentally clamped a bit of the 2 heads between the rock and the underside of the coral thus making it die away, but now I fixed it.
Parameters:
Hanna checker-PO4: 0,4 -I know that's high, I'm dosing LaCl for it however I also have NOPOX but I'm afraid it will get a bacterial infection.
Salifert-NO3: 50-70 -I'd want to dose NOPOX -> problem mentioned above
Refractometer-Salinity: 1.025
The rest are mistery.

Dosing:
3mls of nopox last day (this is usually a weekly dosing depending on the nutrients)
Last day aswell, about 2mls of LaCl which according to the description, corresponds to a decreasment of 0,05-0,1 of PO4/day


Filtration:
10% waterchanges/week
protein skimmer
a filter sock
some ceramic media
activated carbon

Other informations
I have a 2 headed zoa frag which is currently closed besides this one the others are healthy.
My euphyllia (paraancora) is a bit stressed
Everything else seems to be fine for now...


Questions:
Can those 2 heads grow back? (their other half is unharmed, mouths are all intact) If yes how can I speed up the healing process?
Will it spread to the large healthy one and to the 2 offsprings ?

Pictures (I had to use my phone's flashlight)
IMG_20230315_145900.jpg
IMG_20230315_145934.jpg
 
So just a usual medical grade one from a pharmacy is good enough?
I use Lugol’s. If you can’t get it there perhaps your lfs has or can get a similar product. These are made for the reef hobby. Not sure if medical grade are of different concentrations or not. Perhaps you could google and compare. Best of luck and either way I hope this works out for you.
 
Upvote 0

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top