A tip to creating the best spectrum with your LEDs

  • Thread starter Thread starter dputt88
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

dputt88

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 25, 2017
Messages
439
Reaction score
227
Location
Metro Detroit, Michigan
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know that this is not the most difficult concept but I thought a would share an easy way to manage spectrum with tools that every reefer likely has access to.

 
I know that this is not the most difficult concept but I thought a would share an easy way to manage spectrum with tools that every reefer likely has access to.

Great video! What light are you using for this spectrograph? And is there any chance you could upload the excel spreadsheet as a template?
 
dputt, good advise. I use the Reef Breeders Photon V2 that has the 3 and 5 watt leds and 6 channels of control as well. I knew intrinsically that was what was going on. And I run my red and green only during 5 hours of midday light so they blend in better. Otherwise you can get some disco effect or color line edges to some shadows.

But your computations and graph put it into clear focus so almost anybody can understand it. And I say that because I had a really hard time trying to get a friend to understand lighting at all and this concept took forever for me to get through to him!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top