Acclimating Corals from T5 to T5/LED hybrid?

Bigfudge

See, what had happened was...
View Badges
Joined
Dec 19, 2013
Messages
133
Reaction score
117
Location
Central California
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good evening everyone!

I've always heard that people acclimate when going from LED to T5 or vise versa but do I need to acclimate my corals going from T5 to T5/LED Hybrid?

Prior to today I was running a 6 Bulb ATI Dimmable Sunpower but recently purchased and set up a AquaticLife T5 Hybrid Fixture and two EcoTech Radion XR15 G4 Pro's with Diffusers.

Do I need to acclimate the corals somehow or should I not worry too much about it since they're still getting some of the T5 love that they were used to before?

Currently running the Xr15's in the AB+ Spectrum with 4 AB ATI bulbs. I bumped the cool white spectrum a bit just to not make it so blue.

Thanks!
 
All depends on the intensity of the LED's. At a relatively low intensity, I personally wouldn't worry all that much.
The biggest difference in LED/T5 is how the light penetrates the water. LED's seem to have a serious punch where the LED is more diffused. Having the diffusers on the Radions will help. I have seen many a time where the LED intensity is to high to quickly for the corals with detrimental effects. Start low. You can always go up..
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top