Achilles/gold-rim hybrid troubles!

I got a Borbonious Anthias about a year ago from a guy who purchased a pair. One decided to absolutely destroy the fins of the other, so he pulled out the abused Borb into another tank until I took it. A year later, everything but the caudal fin looks normal. They can look like hell and pull out of it okay. Mine was not the same symptoms though.
What worries me about this fish is if you look at the bottom of him, it is starting to get into his stomach. That and the combo of sores on both sides are not looking good. I guess i need to stop stressing at this point because i did all i can do. I just cant help but HOPE he pulls through after all he has been through!
 
I think we are all rooting for this fish. Did you do the methylene blue for ammonia exposure? I remember the suggestion, but am not sure if it can be used with these other meds.
 
Well it sucks to say this but He just stopped breathing! I think he was already on the way out and the meds were just that added pressure to pull the plug... This really sucks because i tried but i don't think there was anything else i could have done. Well it has been a roller coaster but i guess one good thing i got out of this is some knowledge. I appreciate all your help! What is everyones take on the meds in the tank now? Should i do a water change and add carbon to pull it all out or should i leave it in there for my other fish (just incase there is a bacteria outbreak)? I just dont want to stress them out and start loosing other fish including my achilles... :( I NEED A BEER! lol
 
My Qt as of right now with the meds. My clown is acting funny at the top of the water so i am wondering if i should pull out the meds. Maybe water change and carbon or let it runs its course just incase?

 
Did you mix the Methylene blue with all the antibiotics? The Methylene blue was meant to be a bath before beginning treatment. I ask because the water looks blue to me.
 
Did you mix the Methylene blue with all the antibiotics? The Methylene blue was meant to be a bath before beginning treatment. I ask because the water looks blue to me.
No i did not. I only used the furan-2 and kanaplex. The water is green from those meds...
 
Great job. I know a lot of reefers that wouldn't put forth that typa effort to save a fish... hes a beautiful fish .
 
No i did not. I only used the furan-2 and kanaplex. The water is green from those meds...

That's weird. When I mix those meds, the water turns yellow. Are you treating with any other medications in there? Like copper or something?
 
I would turn off the powerhead that's shooting straight across the tank. It looks like the Achilles is struggling to swim in that flow - he's weak. The one breaking the surface of the water and the bubbler is what's important for gas exchange.
 
That's weird. When I mix those meds, the water turns yellow. Are you treating with any other medications in there? Like copper or something?
No other meds. It is yellowish i guess. The achilles is not struggling with the flow, in this video he is just cruising around. He loves going right in front of the powerhead to swim. I am taking the meds out of the water with carbon and water changes at the moment. My other fish don't seem to happy and the hybrid died, so there is no real signs why i should continue the meds.
 
Sorry for your loss. :( Keep a close on that Achilles, as swimming into the flow of a powerhead can be an initial symptom of velvet (but not always with an Achilles.) How long have you had him?
 
Sorry for your loss. :( Keep a close on that Achilles, as swimming into the flow of a powerhead can be an initial symptom of velvet (but not always with an Achilles.) How long have you had him?
I have had him for over a month with no new additions to the tank.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top