ACRO turning white and fuzzy with brown fuzz

  • Thread starter Thread starter stewy14
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None
Is it just me thats seeing 300ppm alkalinity and the guy who said it was too low lol
 
welp, already spent $50 the other day on acros, so...(6 acros) (now 5) and just went to my LFS and got a stylo :D
So while everybody here has killed these animals, You need to learn from mistakes. correct issue, and figure out how to prevent it from happening again before rushing out to replace them. You were given advice from multiple people, but already bought more coral within hours instead. From here on out, any losses you incur should be considered premeditated murder.
 
So while everybody here has killed these animals. You need to learn from mistakes, correct issue, and figure out how to prevent it from happening again before rushing out to replace them. You were given advice from multiple people, but already bought more coral within hours instead. From here on out, any losses you incur should be considered premeditated murder.
it was a quick heating issue :C
 
it was a quick heating issue :C
Hopefully. But I would imagine that a overheating event would effect more than just one acro.. tenius are the more difficult acropora to keep. I never seen a tank get hot enough to kill coral, but only 1
 
another is dying idk what to do... I don't want it to just die on me, I just dosed the tank with chems, but, I paid and worked a lot, its been 2 days :CCCC I'm over here witerally having a nervous attack(not really but u know what I mean) what should I do????????????????????????????
 
You need to share alot more detailed info, from parameters, dosing,maintenance regime, recent additions, recent issues, equipment, lighting, acclimation process, dipping procedures etc, if you want someone to try providing actual help...
 
it was just funny everyone ignored that part..lol
 
Yeah 300 ppm is 16.8 dKh. Way too high.
Yeah. And here I started getting worried when found mine had hit 11.1. I’ve got it down to about just under 10 now. Things are much happier.
 
I don’t think I’m in any position to lecture or belittle you, but you have to stop buying corals. Everybody loses corals, but the most important thing is learning from them. This is not an environment ready to support acros yet. Your tank is literally telling you this, it’s happening right in front of you. Don’t be stubborn, not matter how many times you replace them your going to be stuck in this loop until you figure out the problem.

Look at videos on YouTube from tidal garden, they have loads of great info on acros. Or literally search up “how to care for acropora” and take the time to watch those vids.

Other than that we are not your parents and can’t stop you from buying more and killing more pieces. It’s completely up to you from this point out. I imagine many reefers have gotten frustrated trying to explain the problem to you and may begin ignoring you if you continue to repeat the same mistakes.
 
I don’t think I’m in any position to lecture or belittle you, but you have to stop buying corals. Everybody loses corals, but the most important thing is learning from them. This is not an environment ready to support acros yet. Your tank is literally telling you this, it’s happening right in front of you. Don’t be stubborn, not matter how many times you replace them your going to be stuck in this loop until you figure out the problem.

Look at videos on YouTube from tidal garden, they have loads of great info on acros. Or literally search up “how to care for acropora” and take the time to watch those vids.

Other than that we are not your parents and can’t stop you from buying more and killing more pieces. It’s completely up to you from this point out. I imagine many reefers have gotten frustrated trying to explain the problem to you and may begin ignoring you if you continue to repeat the same mistakes.
last paragraph, you're on my moms side XD, im spending too much lol. and I did that, watched yt vids, and I totally agree with u, I just bought these acros all at once, and the latest one I bought was a stylo, which I saw was a beginner coral :D. I rlly only spent around 50-75$ on all my acros because it was sbb's sale. They are all now quarantining at a friends house whose been reefing for YEARS(and its a friends dad so, I mean YEARS)
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top