(Acrylic) Fill in gash in acrylic sheet?

DarkSky

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 23, 2017
Messages
863
Reaction score
1,053
Location
Minneapolis, MN
What state or country do you live in
Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently purchased a used 220 gallon acrylic aquarium, I've been spending a few weeks cleaning/sanding/buffing it to bring it back to looking crystal clear, the only issue is there are two 1" gashes near the back of the tank, they're about an 1/8" deep at the deepest, so they're too deep to sand out without making a fairly large concave section in the acrylic.

Is there something I can use to fill it in so I can sand and use Novus to make it look better? I'm sure I could ignore it, and it might not be that visible when under water (it's on the inside of the tank) but if there is something I could do I'd like to know.

Thanks in advance!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top