Actinic Blue Shots - Nikon 3300 dslr

  • Thread starter Thread starter dochow
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None
Don't get me wrong the paper grey card works. There's just other factors in play to get the best balance
 
Mark I have not been able to white balance with the D3300 manually or automatically. I get the "too bright" message. I've used a white piece of paper which did not work and I've tried focusing on different white's/greys in he aquarium as well.

Some say buy or make a "grey card" and use it under the lights to white balance, but I haven't had a chance to try this yet.

Just make one using the link the I posted above. It is the same thing.


Exposure under white lights are fine, however you don't get the same "pop" of the fluorescent colors like you would if shooting under straight actinics.

I've manually balanced under 8k. I tried the grid, sliding to all colors and re-taking pics. Still not working great, the blue is too great to overcome. I'll have to try a filter next, going to try and purchase one on Amazon.

I'm new to the camera so I'm going to try a couple other things today and post a pic.

I can't remember if Nikon D3300 allows so but adjust your color temperature to 10000K then take your pic. Make sure you left the WB Shift (the grid color selection you mention) at 0,0. If your color doesn't come out correct again, then use the WB shift and adjust it more into the grid of the color you are lacking. You should be able to do this without taking a picture. Just use live view mode.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top